Thursday, September 27, 2007

Verdict is in...

. . . on my new 'do. I've had it for a week now and have resolutely decided that I like it very much indeed. Well, probably I'd determined that by the weekend, but I just now got around to telling y'all.

I got a shoulder-length layered cut with bangs. I have this straight, fine hair that really needs layers in it if it is to show any signs of life at all. So it is a cut I've had before. So nothing revolutionary, but it works. Me likey. And I am happy having honest-to-goodness, bona fide bangs again. Last time I went somewhere new, and I asked for bangs and the chick supposedly gave me "side bangs" but they really looked liked just another layer. So I went with the "wispy" model this time around and the result is quite fetching, methinks.

But the color is really the bestest. My hairdresser and I pored over the swatch board for a few minutes and finally decided to mix red with a dark brown. I wanted to go red but I didn't want to really evoke Lucille Ball (or Ronald McDonald)...hence the addition of the dark brown. The resulting color is tres chic.

No comments: