Monday, September 10, 2007

foul rumors

I was checking Worst Previews for upcoming movie news (as is my custom) when I came upon this casting atrocity possibly in the offing--



















(link to story HERE as my pic doesn't seem to wanna enlarge)
They cannot do this. I FORBID IT!! I ADORE Magnum P.I. There is no other hirsute, short shorts-sportin' P.I. that compares. The movie Valley Girl was this total anomaly, because in that, Nicolas Cage was likeable...and CUTE, even. But, I've really not cared for him in anything else I've seen him in . And these days I've not seen anything he's been in because the guy just kinda irks and repels me. And not to be petty, but he's got one of the worst smiles in Hollywood...most people look good in a smile, but his just amplifies everything that's aesthetically whack about him. Dude is all bug eyes and horsey teeth and receding hairline. Ok, I take back that "not to be petty". That was petty and you can't just negate the pettiness of a sentiment by prefacing with "Not to be petty.." It doesn't work. It's similar to these morons that start sentences with "No offense but.." (you know.. something like "No offense but your hair looks like total shit today" to which one ought to answer somethin' like "Ah, well, your disclaimer was quite ineffectual as I AM fucking offended, you twit...GAWD, I hate you.")
Well anyways. . . the abridged version goes like so-- I NO LIKEY Nic Cage (what kind of nutjob names his kid Kal-El??) and I vehemently oppose him being cast as Magnum P.I. (who is terrif)

The article also mentions Ricky Gervais passing on the role of Higgins. (Opposite CLOONEY as Magnum?? I find that rather far fetched. Yeah, I could see him exuding the correct Magnum swagger, but he is WAY too A list for such a project) Gervais , I think woulda been a perfect Higgins. But I guess I understand his reluctance...the dude is really a comedian, not an actor actor. He is not willing to deform his coiffure so hideously as it would require to fully embody the Higgins role. A true thespian would --take multiple Oscar winner like Tom Hanks, for example, y'all saw what grody hair he consented to for The Da Vinci Code ,yes?

No comments: