Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sandra, Plain and of Average Height

I watched Sarah Plain & Tall for like the hundredth time last night. OK, I'm exaggerating , but only a smidge. I really have watched the hell out of that movie, I could probably lip synch to it. Yep, I own it...and the 2 Sarah Plain & Tall sequels. I know that renders me fairly unrivalled in severe dorkishness, but I make no apologies. I am sorry though, that laundry and make-dinner-for-the-folks night is going to prevent me from watching Skylark (airing tonight at 9 on the Hallmark channel) Waaaaaah. I'm sure I'll be missing "Last Comic Standing" also, but I know my sister DVRs that.

I enjoy the whole Sara-Jacob romance that's at the core of this trilogy and I do find it believable...despite the fact that Glenn Close has always generally seemed to give off a lesbianish vibe. That's just my perception, and, I concede, a totally unfounded one. In reality, she is on her 3rd husband (& even procreated with one of 'em). So... am not even sure why I think that. And I don't know why Meryl Streep makes me think of Glenn Close and vise versa. Hmmmm.. maybe it's that I've seen her (Glenn) in not very many dresses and a wide array of pant suits...that might account for the Sapphic vibe (but obviously not the Meryl Streep thing).

I wasn't just being sappy in my viewing habits last night, I also indulged in a bit o' cheese. Prior to watching Sarah.. I watched Drive Me Crazy. I so dig that movie. Melissa Joan Hart is totally likable, but she's an awfully plain looking chick and it's downright inspiring to watch her snag a choice specimen like Adrian Grenier. Also I like the dude who played Ray in that movie...whoever he is. I wonder if he still acts?? Surely a quick trip over to IMDB could tell me but.. I just prefer to wonder.

No comments: