Thursday, May 10, 2007

rescue me before I fall into despair-o

Was doing a hugely mind-numbing stack of orders this afternoon and the only thing keeping me chipper was the fabulous Accuradio. They played The Police "Message in a Bottle" and that moved me to enthuse "GAWD, how I love this song!!! " and I kept stopping & restarting it...I must have listened to a 1/2 hour of "Message in a Bottle". And I sang. Badly. I mean, I realize that it's inadvisable to sing along to music you are hearing via earphones but... I really don't give a rat's arse what the yahoos in here think of me.

So after that Police love-fest, I looked online to see how close to VT the reunion tour was coming. Just for kicks, y'know, because I know at the outset that I don't have mad money to fritter away on concert tix. So, I looked at 2 venues...HersheyPark Stadium, Hershey PA (for 7/20) and Fenway Park in Boston (for 7/29). The available tickets are listed ranked by price from cheapest to most expensive. So I skipped ahead to the end of all the listings to scope out the priciest, the "best-o'-the-bestest", because, y'know....dream BIG , right?? Nothing too good for my make-believe summer expeditions!!

Welllll..... Holy Guacamole!! $1063. for the best remaining seat in the house in PA, $1678. for the same tickets in Boston. Yowza. I very rarely buy concert tix, so I suppose I've no good frame of reference. I only know what I would pay and a thou+ is MOST DEFINITELY out of the question!! Shit, for a thousand bucks I would not be satisfied with section A5 Seat 2, for that kinda cash I would want a seat right on Sting's f*cking stinger! Ooh. Sorry. I veered suddenly into NC-17 territory. That was shabby of me..please forgive. I think when I contemplate finances I lose all sense of propriety (in my despair-o).

No comments: