Thursday, May 03, 2007

AAARGH! Son of a--ARRRGH!

That is, verbatim, what I yelled a minute ago when I grabbed my soda in just the right manner to cause the lid to spring off and then I dumped soda all over the f-ing place-- on my keyboard, my legs, the floor. But, mindful that my customer service comrades were on the phone, I managed to keep my profanity impulse in check.

Bully for me. Not so bully about the faint splotchy stain on my right pant leg. Bah.

Some other songs I wanted to comment on...

"Candyman" -Christina Aguilera-- Like candy, this song has no nutritional value whatsoever, and so I feel like I really ought not like it. But I do. ..mostly due to the shouted "Tarzan & Jane swingin' on a vine/sippin' from a bottle of vodka double wine" bit. Would still like to know what the*&^%$# "vodka double wine" is...

"Glamorous"--Fergie-- Another guilty pleasure. I feel guilty liking any song by awful Fergie.. but I can't help liking this one. I don't quite know why precisely I harbor a grudge against Fergie but I do. It probably--if I wanna be honest about it-- boils down to me being jealous. Every time I see her I think about how she peed her pants on stage. Grody. Thing is, it's not the grodiness I take issue with. It's how she escaped the incident with her rep completely undamaged. It perfectly illustrates how hoochie-mamas get away with everything. That includes pissing themselves. YUCK!! I was pleased to notice that Ferg has a small role in Grindhouse ...since I don't plan on ever seeing that movie, I choose to presume that Rose McG blasts Fergie-Ferg to smithereens with her machine gun gam.

From the "way way back in the day " file... I put in a dance compilation CD that I hadn't listened to in forever and guess what song I was ambushed with (to my immense elation) . I say "guess" but you will never guess... it was "DA DIP" by FreakNasty. I put my hand up on yo' hip-when I dip you dip we dip... Love, LOVE, LOOOVE that song !! Definitely it's on my list of the best ever hip hop /dance tunes... and furthermore on this topic I am also in love with these (of this same genre)

*"Rumpshaker" Wreckx-n- Effect: This was like, my FAVORITE song sophomore year in high school. Which is really funny when you consider it in the context of the super white bread high school I went to. Still, I adore this song. There is no other song in our pop cultural heritage that better captures that singular emotional condition of wanting only to "zooma zoom zoom zoom an' a boom BOOM".

* "Let Me Clear My Throat"- DJ Kool-- I hate to repeat myself, but I must again gush: Love, LOVE, LOOOVE this song !!
*"Back that Ass Up" Juvenile (I also like his similarly nasty--though less well known- "Slow Motion")
*"It Takes Two" Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock-- possibly my favorite party song OF ALL TIME
*"Whoomp! There It Is!"--Tag Team (back again, check it to record, let's begin...)

No comments: