Friday, May 25, 2007

Grody

This morning there was a bit of apple on my cubicle floor. I had meant to toss it in the garbage and missed but didn't know that I missed. Until I spotted it this morning. CRAWLING with a million teensy weensy ants. Uggh. Blllaaaaaaargh.







I looked closer at the dingy carpet and saw something close to a ka-jillion wee ants moving through it. Ewwwww.







I took immediate but silent action (all my gagging went unnoticed by my officemates, and I never said anything because although I'm known for being a bit of a cluttery slob, I don't want anyone to know the full extent of my hoggery) I zipped over to the stash of communal cleaning supplies and grabbed the most lethal looking, strong smelling cleaner in a spray bottle I could find and a coupla yards of paper towelage. I sprayed the HELL out of the floor in my cubby, then I threw down paper towels all over and did a stompy dance all on them as a means to euthanize all the ants that were already dying of 3rd degree bleach burns. Then I swept all the approximately 3 ka-jillion dead ants into a paper towel , wadded that up and tossed it in the trash. With that bit of apple that I meant to dispose of yesterday. That bastard apple that instigated this whole catastrophe. I'm sure that's probably not the most effective method of cubicle de-lousing, but I'm pretty proud of the stealth with which I executed the whole operation. No one here has any idea of the horrific scene that transpired here.

Oh and after I did all this, I'm reading the label on the cleaner I used (some all purpose stuff called "Fabulous" ) and it sez " Avoid contact with clothes, fabric, carpet , wood, rubber, vinyl, painted surfaces as they will discolor". Ohhhhhhhh snap.
I didn't really sweat it though. This carpet is in a bad way. Es mucho NASTY, really. Probably if it had bleached out patches it'd be the prettiest area of the whole carpet. But I don't notice any discoloration anyway...

No comments: