Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Joe Cocker



..is one awesome possum!! I mention this because I am listening presently to my Joe Cocker "Gold" Greatest Hits CD.




CD highlights...




"Feelin' Alright" -- has always been a fave of mine




"With a Little Help from my Friends"-- ok. The real reason I like this is that it invariably conjurs up warm memories of Kevin Arnold & co.




"Delta Lady"-- muy bueno




"Cry Me a River" -- Probably my favoritest. Lisa caught me unawares yesterday ---I was listening to it and shimmying and head bopping accordingly. She found that mighty amusing. I love the piano on this one. I think "rollicking" is the adjective I want to use here. It has a "rollicking" piano riff....can you say riff in regards to non-guitar instruments??


"You Are So Beautiful"-- Overall the song kinda bores me but the very end of it never ceases to amuse me. His croaked out, cracky, emotional "tooo meeeee" is probably poignant to most but I find it hellah funny.




No comments: