Monday, July 31, 2006

Rock LOBSTER!!!

Well, I didn't eat any lobster during Saturday's road trip up to Maine, but I did acquire this super hubba-hubba lobster complexion. Oy! You'd think by now I'd have learned what a nasty toll Mr Summertime Sun can take on Ms. PastyIrish Flesh. I did put on sunscreen (SPF 50 at that!) but it was too little too late. And the pisser of it is, when I'm an old hag with permanent sun damage I'm not going to have that exotic Georgie Hamilton-hued rich Corinthian leather skin. I'm going to be as pale as I ever was, with these blotchy, possibly lumpy melanomas. Daaaaaamn.

Anyways , Amy and I drove up Rte1 through Kittery, York, Wells, Kennebunk(port) & Portland. Rather, I should specify: Amy drove and I DJed and cracked wise. Well, that ended up being my role, I think initially I was First Mate/ Navigator, but I soon proved that (just as I'd forewarned Amy) I can't so much as navigate my head outta my ass. Well, as long as we were on Rte 1, I knew what was what, but elsewhere I was fairly useless. On the way home we somehow got turned around and headed north on NH Rte 16 going toward the White Mtns! Ah well, all's well that ends well. We didn't get home until 2 though....I slept right through mass the next a.m.

Aside from our inadvertant detour, it turned out well. Amy was on a hunt for lighthouses and we got to three of 'em. It was a mellow road trip, nice and sunny . It was nice to see the ocean, climb on some rocks, play with kelp, and get some salt water in my hair. Amy didn't know what the hell I was talking about, but I SWEAR--a smattering of ocean agua does wonders for my limp coiff. I don't know if it's just the salt water, or if it's the reaction of salt water + sun, but it gives me like an all- natural version of day-after-being-in-a-wedding hair. It gives it a little body and some texture. I'm always on about my #$%&ing hair, aren't I? I need to get it colored, by the way...

As pleased I am with my beauteous, mermaidtastic locks, I remain somewhat bummed that I didn't chow down on some lobstah. I mean, I realize that I can go grab one for cheap at Market Basket, but it just ain't the same!! I think this will continue to vex me. I think another roadtrip to Maine may be in order. (I mean, everytime I get to York, I marvel over how quick of a drive it really is) I truly dig the state, so it wouldn't be purely a shellfish mission. But I WOULD make a particular point of getting to Foster's Clambake ( That's Foster's Clambake, Rte 1A, York ME... y'know maybe one day I could possibly have legions of rabid blog fans and then a plug like that is sure to git me a li'l somethin' somethin'. A free side of coleslaw, perhaps?? My emphatic endorsement must be worth a 1/2 cup o' slaw, at least)

Sunday I just hung out at la casa de mi hermana. I made a mix CD. I had really wanted to get me The Bloodhound Gang's "Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss " (yep, that IS a real song name) but when I got to downloadin' songs I completely forgot that one. Grrr. But here is what I did put on it--
*Why Don't you do Right? (Peggy Lee)
*Come Dancing (The Kinks) (y'know I too, recall "the day they knocked down 'The Pally'" except in my family I was more heartbroken about it than my sister was)
*I Bet That You Look Good on the Dance Floor (Arctic Monkeys)
*Rock Your Body (Justin Timberlake)
*State of Shock (The Jacksons feat. Mick Jagger) (this is an awesome song. If I opt for becoming a professional rapper, well, I will probably need to go to Rap Camp or something first, but then when I'm trained and ready to cut my 1st demo, I am going to sample this song. It just strikes me as particularly ripe for sampling. Just you watch...it's gon' be a GINORMOUS hit)
*Circles (Soul Coughing)
*Rompe (Daddy Yankee) (NANANANANANANANANANANANANaaaaaaaa)
*Lose Control (Missy Elliot) (I just have to gush- she is just SUCH a cool shit)
*Dance, Dance (Fall Out Boy)
*She Wants to Move (N.E.R.D.) (speaking of Neptunes, N.E.R.D., I just want to interject here that I have a bit of a Pharrell Williams crush.)
*P.Y.T. (Michael Jackson)
*Promiscuous (Nelly Furtado) (y'know I could do without Nelly's singing entirely.--yeah, I get it you went from sweet Boho chick to just plain ho...reinventing yourself Jewell-circa-2000 style. Hearty congrats, but I couldn't care less. I just like the tune)
*Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground) (the Jacksons)
*Still of the Night (Whitesnake) (I know "Here I Go Again" is the ubiquitous Whitesnake classic --and I do dig it-- but give this one a listen and witness just how much more arse it kicks)
*Super Bon Bon (Soul Coughing)




Got my wedding shoes tonight. I think I had fretted a bit much about them, y'know, I was expecting the absolute WORST, like some crazy hooker stilts to come in, but they really are not too bad. I walked around the house and yard with them and they don't feel much higher than the black heels I regularly wear (when feeling ambitious enough to sport heels, that is)

They gouged up the front lawn like a sonofabitch though.

No comments: