Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Always Regressing...

Nothing to report today really. Because yesterday’s pic to word ratio was waaaay unbalanced, I am going to try to correct that. It’s gonna be lotsa pics, limited yammering today. Well, lots o’ pics anyhow, and I’ll see if I can manage brevity (but as you can tell, it ain’t my strong suit).
I found a buttload of terrif Sesame Street album covers when I was digging up those Bob McGrath pics. I will now share my pretend Sesame Street album collection and see if can coax y’all into regressing along with me…

Perhaps this album was intended to dispel rumors of anything, err, more than platonic blooming betwixt Oscar and Biggie. Y’know I’d heard the horrible (and UNTRUE) Bert & Ernie rumors, but never heard a word about a possible Oscar/ Big Bird romance. Guess this album did its job, eh??








Well, I blew this image up to 200% but you still can’t read it. Just above Roosevelt Franklin’s amazing Technicolor name it reads “The Year of”. This album was released in 1971, which, I had mistakenly thought was the year of the Pig. Myself, I was born in the year of Prairie Dawn.

I haven't heard this album >>>>>>

but I feel certain that I will like this better than Tesla's "Signs". That song really makes me wanna yarf.


I’ll save you the trouble of tracking down yer bifocals here, the speech bubble reads : “I am so PROUD!” Doesn’t sound all that much like Blues lyrics to me. I can only conclude, then, that they’re trying to be punny on account of Grover’s fur hue. It’s pretty @#$%^ing asinine of them, and I think my fave Sesame Streeter deserves better!

The king in the bushes appears to be naked. No wonder Big Bird looks so surprised!!

I know Miss Cleo was exposed as a fraudulent psychic, but has she ever been brought to justice for stealing Cookie Monster’s disco gear? Personally, I would like to see her punished, but if Cookie’s over it, I guess I am too. On the positive side, I have almost exactly this same outfit…except I had put it in storage as a gesture of my contempt for Cleo. But now I think I’ll be able to think of the ensemble as an homage to Cookie Monster of yore. I’ll be able to don the feathery turban and cape with pride again.

Heck yes, the gang's all here! But sadly, one of the gang is UTTERLY SCHNOCKERED. Behold the signs: playing the piano with such overexaggerated gusto, googly eyes that are just a touch too googly. For the love of Jombie, it's a SHAMEFUL way to show up to a community sing-along!! I tell you, Ernie has a prob with the sauce that he tries to conceal with his constant joviality. Look at this album cover and just try to deny it!!!

Nothing flippant to say about this album (below) really. I just wish I owned it. Doesn't it look DELIGHTFUL?? So hey, if you've been jonesin' for an oddball Ebay quest and also in the mood to buy me something.....THE SEARCH IS OVER! You might also wanna pick me up a record player while you're at it....


Looks like we're delving into the psyche with this one...yikes!! What then, is this picture telling me? Bert tries to seem happy when, in actuality, he's quite upset. Ok, I get that. It's a little repressed, but understandable. Quite rooted in human nature, y'know. Conversely,we have Ernie--trying to appear miserable when really he's...ecstatic?? WTF? The chap is either confused or he's being manipulative here. Could be both. That Ernie has got some deep seated issues and he is trying to self medicate with booze (eg: The Gang's All Here) and bath toys.

The only album in the discography put out by Ktel, and one need hardly check the album details to discern that. Ktel, legendary pioneer of the music compilation, was also pretty slick with their cover art . Foxy!!!

No comments: