Tuesday, August 01, 2006

in the still o' the night I hear the wolf cry honey, sneakin' around your door..

Not to dwell on past postings, but I gotta give myself perseverence points for posting that David Coverdale pic. It didn't take me all that long to make the pic, Microsoft Paint masterpiece that it is (I'm not technologically hi-falutin' enough to be dealing with Photoshop just yet) but it took me for-freeeking-EVER to post it to the blog. I musta tried a kazillion times--both at home and here at work. It would give me the pop up that reads "Image Uploaded" with the DONE button to click but then the pic still would not appear on my posting. And then today I kept getting this whack message about my COOKIES. Quit yo' cookies jibba jabba and post mah damn picture foo'!! I was extreeeemely vexed and frustrated...it was like Mucha's birthday all over again.

I made a fairly kick ass dinner last night. It was a garlicy chicken penne. It coulda used some shaved parm and mushrooms but I was improvising with whatever I could find in the 'rent's kitchen and mushrooms & parm were not available. Actually if I'd dug into the insanely copius stores of canned goods my parents have been stockpiling since Nixon was in office, I probably woulda come up with a can o' shrooms after a half hour or so. But I didn't even look...first off, I love fresh mushrooms but find the canned variety to be an utterly different (and unsavory) dealie-o. Also, I don't exactly share my parent's conviction that any food in a can (regardless of any "Use By" date stamped on it) is good eatin' for at least 3 millennia.

I was squatting in the folks' casa one weekend, when they were gone outta town, and there was absolutely nothing worthwhile on the telly. These are the times when I always end up watching Food Network. Watching Food Network makes me simultaneously peckish and compelled to be culinarily creative. So here's Giada De Laurentis (she is like, the WORST F.N. personality, by the way I really dislike her) is saying what a simple recipe she's doing, that you can just make with everyday items you've got laying about the pantry-- y'know: fresh thyme, capers, creme fraiche, that sorta stuff. And I go out to the kitchen to find... American cheese, saltines, canned potatoes...y'know that sorta stuff. It was a pisser...having your cheftastic skillz muzzled like that.
A'righty kiddies..time for me to jet. I have some shopping to do before Rock Star INXS graces my tube....

No comments: