Thursday, July 13, 2006

Flushed and feverish...

...that is what I'm feeling at the moment. Not that I'm sick, really, I'm just a damnable lightweight!! My sister peer pressured me into 2 (yep, you heard right..just TWO) biggie margaritas after dinner tonight and within a coupla minutes my cheeks is feelin' warmish and I looks all glowy like Rudolph's beezer. I've always been a rosy-cheeked imbiber, but I don't think it happened quite so fast back in my boozing glory days. I really hate to think I'm losing my skillz...
Speaking of drinking.... I started my day today with a Tab Energy drink. Amy, (a trainer in our office) has been chugging these daily...perhaps because it's soooo bloody exhausting trying to learn me anythang. I expressed some curiosity re: their effectiveness/flavor (I thought perhaps it was comparable to Red Bull, that most VILE of libations) and this morning she gave me one to try. It was very...I dunno. It probably woulda been better had I thoroughly chilled it rather than chugging it @ room temp. Just the same, I wouldn't call it gross ( it is definitely not as nasty as Red Bull!). I guess it's just unusual. I stand by my initial, immediate verdict, which was: "It tastes like flowers". Not that I am in the habit of eating flowers. When I graze in the meadows, I stick solely to grasses and weeds. But Tab Energy tastes a bit like flowers smell like and they taste exactly like Choward's Violet Mints, this bizarre-ass candy holdover from the early 30s that is actually intended to taste like violets.
VISUAL AID :
I've bought Choward's, charmed by their old timey purple packaging. Hey, I'm a sucker for packaging...and apt to try any product at least once. But guess what, peoples??? Tastes every bit as shitty as you'd think it would!! Who the hell judged it a splendid notion to have a mint that tastes like a violet?? Or any flower variety, for that matter? Perhaps the sole mission of the candy was improved breath odor-- tastebuds be damned. More utilitarian item than confection, y'know. I mean, it did come out in the early 30s--it was Depression times, so it seems likely that the masses were less flavor-centric than folks are today. Probably many were eating real wildflowers (and they were THANKFUL, damn it!) Thus people developed a taste for the botanical...oh, I dunno....I know now though that I ought not blog when overtired and staying up to wait out my buzz.
You know for someone who is such a TV-addicted veg these days, I don't have my listings memorized like I oughtta. I missed the latest Last Comic Standing ep and am SUPREMELY PISSED OFF...

1 comment:

Kara said...

Um.. I like Red Bull. I think it tastes like liquid smarties and that makes me happy because then I don't have to waste my time with that obnoxious plastic packaging that I could never get off. Simply a pop of the top and it's like being 7 again.. without the wonderful caffeine rush. Isn't Tab Energy Drink pink? Or in pink packaging? Obviously I like pink (see numerous posts regarding pink lamp) but I don't think I want my drink to be pink unless it's alcoholic.. or lemonade. Tirade over.