Wednesday, July 26, 2006

You 'n' me baby ain't nothin' but mammals, so let's...

99 Rock was playing lotsa good tunes (and yes, I DO file The Bloodhound Gang's "Bad Touch" in the good tunes category) this a.m. and I momentarily entertained the notion of turning around in the lot and leaving work -going AWOL for a day of cruising / solo roadtripping instead. But my MIGHTY work ethic (ha!) won out and here I am in my home cubicle.

Speaking of good music, on my channel 99 I have this "Adelphia Preview Channel" where you get a week of a subscription channel that is not part of the basic cable package...y'know, just so's you get addicted to it and HAVE to order it. Although more often than not, it'll be a preview of the Outdoor Life Network or ESPN Ocho ...something not even tempting. This week, however, I've got a preview of MTV Hits channel. This is like an MTV substation with ACTUAL VIDEOS broadcast on it!! It's like a dream come true!!I know I'm like the 9 millionth person to opine this, but: I am so *&^$@ing sick of all the insipid shows that have overtaken MTV. (There is only 1 exception..."Made". I do enjoy "Made") The other night I watched the Killers' "Mr Brightside"...which, if you've not seen it, take my word for it, it's a RAD video. The Killers are MARVELOUS anyways (one of my faves) and generally do cool videos, but then they went and added ERIC ROBERTS to the mix. Brilliant! And I'll spare you checking for a video timeline-- the Killers played the Eric Roberts card before Mariah Carey thought of it....just for the record. Then I saw Li'l Jon's "Snap Ya Fingers" video, which went something like a rave-ish iPod commercial that could induce seizures. But I can't resist the song. It very well might degenerate brain matter with every listen, but I love it anyways.
But there's this one major impediment to me signing up for this terrif MTV channel...I am a cable pirate (arrrr!) .
Petty grievances time: I am out of conditioner with about a 1/4 of a bottle of shampoo left. This ALWAYS happens to me. This is, I think, because I want some sort of foam-up action outta my conditioner and so I use more of it to try to achieve that... Can't they sell a conditioner with the regular conditioning components present, but an added foaming agent that will psychologically trick people (people like moi) into using conditioner at the same rate as their shampoo?? I think I'll put that in our company suggestion box...it has nothing to do with our product or market, but I just want to contribute something. I tire of my perpetual apathy.

No comments: