Monday, July 24, 2006

blue Monday

In subconscious homage to the excellent New Order song I've dressed in head to toe blue today. Really, truly, I mean that, as my toenails also happen to be painted blue at present. It might have been an homage to the Orgy version of the song actually, because honestly (and saying this may be musical sacrilege) I think a prefer the 1998 cover version just a smidge more. If I remember the original correctly, there was just too much drawn out instrumental bits for my liking.
The conscious motivation for my wardrobe palette was my Thermadyne pull-over hoodie (said hoodie is navy blue and I was just so skilled at clothing coordinating this a.m. that I was able to match absolutely...I am bluer than a nakey Smurf) It was a tad chilly this morning so that's why I went for the hoodie. Y'know I kinda like a chilly morning--NOT freezin' me arse off and the car won't start, 3 " of ice on the windshield cold , mind you--JUST CHILLY. There's something immensely gratifying about pulling on something snuggly when it is chilly out. Truly...it makes me smile in my heart. For that reason (and because of the super handy front belly pouch) I proclaim the pullover hooded sweatshirt the most perfect garment in existence. The fashionista powers that be would probably scoff at me mercilessly for holding such an opinion, but I stand firm. Nina Garcia , fashion director for Elle magazine (I can't help but hear Klum's voice in my head as I type that) can go to HELL... yeah, that may sound a bit harsh but she probably is going already for all the flak she gave poor Santino.
Happy Birthday today to Czech Art Nouveau printmaker, Alphonse Mucha, who celebrates his 146 th birthday today (he would be celebrating, if he weren’t dead). I coulda gone with Jennifer Lopez as the b-day celeb du jour or even Robert Hayes (aka Ted Stryker from “Airplane!” ...now that was tempting…y'all know me- I'd take Ted Stryker over JLo any day o' the week...maybe on July24 next year) but I’m giving today’s shout out to old ‘Phonsey (“heeeey”) to prove how suffused I am with culture in general (and not just tawdry pop culture) Plus, some lovely Art Nouveau illustration will do wonders to visually class up this blog.
Again... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MUCHA! I dig your work man...

No comments: