Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Oh you, Shitty-shitty Bang-bang, Shitty-shitty Bang-bang I HATE YOU..

I wouldn't say I've totally fallen out of love with my new car, but I am monumentally pissed at it right now. We've been together for just over one month and this is our first major falling out. Yesterday evening, when I left the office, I started up my car and the engine was all chuggy and I couldn't get the RPMs up. And I opted for the foolhardy course of action as I am wont to do-- and I tried to move the car anyways. I was able to back it up a ways-- about 5 or 6ft...just enough so that it was in the damn way of parking lot traffic. Then it sputtered and died. We (I say "we" after I made a pleading call to my Dad, who got there 20 min later w/ my bro in law in tow) soon found a blown 20 amp fuse...jetted over to Autozone (side note: this was my first visit to an Autozone.First impression? I was surprised at the amount of snacks they sell. Does that really pertain to auto supplies/ repair? I guess you could argue they could be for your vehicular num-num stash) and bought a pkg of new fuses. I immediately blew the new fuse when I tried to start my car again. My Dad therefore surmised that the fuel pump had crapped out. When it sputtered & died it did seem like an out-of-gas sputter & death (but I'd just recently filled it up) but how he so positively diagnosed the issue in just 10 or so min of nosing around the car...well, it's beyond me. He is just a whiz at troubleshooting. I try and throw possibilities out there, "Could it be, uhhh, like, the alternator??" but I'm so clearly just a poser. So, we pushed it into a parking space and I got a ride home. This morning I got a ride in to work with my bro-in-law. He was @ mi casa at 7am , even though that's damned early in my book, I think he went easy on me and is usually in here about a 1/2 hr before that. And oy vey, I did NOT sleep well last night. I made sure I got to bed early but I had this vehicle debacle on my mind (y'know timed like it was, right after my recent spending spree, it almost seems like God piping up with a persuasive argument for frugality & saving $$) plus the heat was a bitch. Seriously, my apartment was like the innermost ring of Hades hot. This morning I took a cool shower. Well, not ice cold but that fact still speaks volumes considering that I usually have my shower water hot enough to boil a friggen lobster.
First thing when I got in I called Plainfield Sales & Service (the seller of my fine auto) and left a message saying: "CALL ME AS SOON AS YOU GET IN" just like that too, I spoke in italic caps. The guy that I've dealt with over there is named Tony, a name which tempts me to affect, like a mafioso persona (San Corleone) and be all "Tony, problems have arisen with the auto you sold me. And when I gots problems, YOU have problems, my friend. You want to fix my car or you want that you should SLEEP WITH THE FISHES??" Not bad, right?? You can hear it... I am an undiscovered improv GENIUS!
After a pisser of an evening, Kathy Griffin made me chortle. She had some stand up special playing on Bravo...cripes she is all over that damn channel. Anyways, not only is she a funny chick, she seems like she would be cool to hang out with..kind of literate and catty. Although she could be entirely different offstage, I dunno... I guess I can understand Kara shelling out moolah to go see her in person...even if that was $$ that coulda been more virtuously spent saving Screech from homelessness.
I am enjoying a hearty b-fast of Cinnamon Toast Crunch (already consumed) coffee and blueberry yogurt w/ Grape Nuts. Coffee w/ blueberry yogurt is not an ideal mix but really, there was no other beverage concievable this a.m. I need at least a gallon of coffee to kick me up into operational gear this a.m...

No comments: