Friday, October 27, 2006

Who will buy my sweet red roses? Two blooms for a penny...

Hey comrades. Sorry for being incommunicado yesterday. I actually did log on with intent to post, but it was my foul luck that I did so when Blogger was down for maintenance for an hour. You didn't miss much from yesterday. I had a very meeting filled morning. I had to sit through an absolutely mind numbing all employee meeting. I only wish I'd had the foresight to paint eyeballs on my glasses lenses and then I could've managed an hour long nap ('cause that trick works, right? I mean, I presume so, as it fooled Mrs Grundy in all my old Laff Digests) And then a bunch of us had to phone in to this totally unnecessary training on the SPR database. That would've been a REAL drag, if it weren't for instant messaging. Our interoffice email system has this instant messaging feature that allows you to chat in groups, and throughout this training conference call Laurel, Robin, & I were maintaining an entertaining IM banter-- cracking jokes, ridiculing the trainers, chatting about hookers and pooping in your pants. You know...very cerebral, high-class discourse.

I have added the Channel Islands (specifically the Bailiwick of Geurnsey) to my fanciful "Places to See when Globe- trotting Someday" list that I maintain in my head. Something about the place intrigues me. Check out their site and if you wanna come with, just let me know...

I completed my costume construction efforts on Wednesday night, so I suppose I can safely reveal that I am going to be a Grecian Goddess for Halloween. I think, specifically, I'll be Athena. She had such a cool birth story...Zeus like, had a noggin-caesarean and Athena popped out full-grown and in armor. Wiiild.

Gotta jet my pets... hope y'all have a SPLENDIFEROUS weekend!!!!

No comments: