Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Manga!!

I was compelled to order out for lunch, specifically, to get antipasto from a nearby Italian ristorante. Mmmmm MMM! Good impulse. Somehow between my car and my cubicle the antipasto got all jumbled and tossed around together but it's still very delish. If my parents could only see me chowing down now!! Because I have this aversion to certain foods touching on my plate, my parents have made me out to be some kind of extreme OCD case. I am fine with bacon snuggling up next to my scrambly eggs in the a.m. and I've no qualms with potato chips spooning with my sammich at lunch time...that's FINE with me. They've totally zeroed in on my practice (during Thanksgiving or other holiday feasts) of making a veritable Hoover Dam with my mashed potatoes to prevent my gravy from flooding my plate. No, that's innacurate really, it's not really a dam as much as it is a bird's nest...well, gravy nest. An incredibly structurally sound gravy nest. So yeah, I don't like all my eats to be swimmin' in gravy, and I HATE it when cranberry sauce infects my mashed taters (so much so that I've pretty much quit cranberry sauce completely) And it bewilders my whole family that I don't subscribe to their "It all goes to the same place!!" bit o' logic!! Well DUH-- it's the journey, not the destination, people!! I mean if co-mingling is SUCH a non issue for everybody, on account of the "It all goes to the same place!" rule, then I propose a liquid Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey-yam-potato-stuffing shakes for all!!!
Sorry...was carried off on a tangent for a bit there. Anyways, I was saying that I am perfectly fine with all the components of my lunch getting mixed around. There was a lotta stuff in the antipasto but the best bits were: proscuitto, roasted red peppers, black olives (they might be kalamata) marinated artichoke, 2 cheese chunks (1 mozzarella, and 1 parmesan-esque cheese...it wasn't parm though) chunks of pesto chicken, eggplant, little garlicky crostini toasts. Oh man, not to slight my French/ Scottish/ Irish ancestors but, the Italians really know how to eat!! Yummm.

I am determined to figure out how to get back onto Accuradio. It is my absolute FAVORITE online radio provider but since we changed computers in August, I've not been able to access it. And I am MIGHTILY vexed. Grrr! I think what I need to do is - in Symantec Anti-Virus, go to "Configure" and from there disable the Auto-Protect feature (just long enough to launch Accuradio, then I fully intend to reenable!) Problem being, when I get into Symantec, there is no "Configure" menu option to be found. ANYWHERE. So it's locked by the system administrator or something. System administrators are cruel, cruel bastards and as I may have mentioned before, I find myself rather vexed by the whole quandary. Oh yeah--mightily vexed. Mightily vexed, indeed. If it were some inferior form of 'net radio I would just say screw it and give up the pursuit. But Accuradio is sweeeeet. It has many commendable features, but probably my favorite is that if you happen to hear a song that particularly delights you, and you think, "Heeey, yeah, I could so listen to 'Tarzan Boy' by Baltimora again" then you can hit the STOP button on your player as you near the song's end and then hit PLAY , and it will start it over again. And you could listen to it over and over and over again (until you've figured out the lyrics maybe???) Here's another impediment to me getting Accuradio back on my work 'puter...ummm, we're not exactly supposed to listen to any 'net radio at all. CDs are okay, but streaming music is expressly verboten. Therefore, I can't really beseech my local IT stooge to aide me. I need to do it by my ownself. I need to find me a chink in the firewall. Damn corporate fun gestappo...harshing my mellow all the time. Ain't that just like THA MAN?

There are a couple of these plastic mask/vinyl smock Halloween get ups in my parent's basement...there's a Dracula, a Wonder Woman, & a Yoda. I do recall that I was the one who dressed up as Yoda, but I'm not entirely sure who donned the other 2. Anyways...I wish I still saw these Halloween costumes in the stores these days. Not that I'd be buying one or anything. It just saddens me, inexplicably, how these vinyl costumes seem to have "gone the way of the Dodo" as they say. It's like they're not good enough for today's kids. It was good enough for me!! What the hell ails the youth of America??

No comments: