Monday, October 23, 2006

Sinfonia in Fmajor Grave F7: Andante


I'm listening to A to Z of Classical Music and particularly liking Sinfonia in F major. The only thing that sort of weakens its cred is that the composer's name was Karl Ditters von Dittersdorf. No joke. He was a real guy. If he'd had the foresight to realize he was going to compose great works that would resonate for centuries maybe he would've changed his name to something with a bit more gravitas. But then again, that would've robbed the von Dittersdorf name of future glory. So I guess I'm okay with his decision to remain Karl Ditters von Dittersdorf. Not that he needed my permission.

Ok truth is, I'm super tired today and I feel like arse. I don't really feel like posting today but I aim to be conscientious in at least one area of my life. So here you have it. I will try to be not so much of a crabby patty tomorrow, okay?

1 comment:

Kara said...

I'm so naming my first born Karl Ditters Von Dittersdor. That's awesome!

PS - it was a stationary conversation