Thursday, September 21, 2006

Tonight, on a very special Celebrity Duets....

It had DAMN WELL better be a special Celebrity Duets tonight. For Sept 21st is the birthday of one Mr. ALFONSO RIBIERO. I believe the show is taped live, and if there is nary a mention of mah boy's b-day, then I will be mightily outraged. Also I will be sad for poor 'Fonso and probably slip an extra $10 into the b-day card I am mailing him. He turns 35 today...yippy skippy.

In other cool celebrity birthdays, Dave Coulier was also born on Sept 21. CUT. IT. OUT!!! No, for real, he was. Happy 47th Uncle Joey!!! Oh snap, I went there... I didn't wanna bring up that barfbag of a sitcom. As much as I DETEST Full House, I have a lingering affection for some of the cast members (Good: Jodie Sweetin, Dave C, Bob Saget, chick that played Kimmy Gibbler/ Bad: Candace Cameron Bure, Olsen twins ...the rest I'm pretty indifferent to) But mainly I like Dave for most likely creating --and definitely popularizing-- the "Cut. It. Out!!" hand gesture. Also I always have a soft spot for the obligatory lone bastion of sanity on the Surreal Life, and he fulfilled that role on the 3rd season. Oh, and he deflowered Alanis Morrisette . I have always found that to be a fascinating scrap of star trivia.

MY BIRTHDAY is rapidly approaching-- that's Oct 31st, y'all (cards & gifts quite welcome!). I had another possible Halloween costume notion to add to my list. To refresh your memory, here again is the list thus far-
1.Pirate
2.Gypsy
3.Zombie
4. Beatnik (new!!)

Here's why I think #4 is the best on the list. .... firstly I think "pirate" will be a super popular choice this
H-ween. Gawsh, not sure why....possibly something to do w/ a li'l Johnny Depp movie released this summer. Anyways I don't wanna copy every other scurvy landlubber out there, so I'm pretty sure that means ix-nay on the irate-pay. As for #2... well how much different is that from #1?? Dress up like a gypsy,throw on an eye patch and ....voila!!! you're a girl pirate!!! And zombie is kind of a perennial Halloween fave. Plus, I wouldn't want to be just any zombie...I don't wanna be a Night of the Living Dead type zombie....I SPECIFICALLY wanna be a zombie from the Thriller video. And I can't properly do that without learning the patented Thriller Zombie Line Dance. And I think I'd need more than a month to get that choreography down. So SCREW that, eh?
I don't think lots of people dress up as Beatniks anymore. The downside of that is... I'm not sure that too many people even know what a Beatnik is anymore. But y'know, I run with a pretty smart crowd, and I'm sure they'd all get it, and I know, more or less, what a beatnik is. Of course, I would definitely do extensive research into the Beat movement if I did opt for that costume choice. Soooo a Beatnik costume...that would consist of black top, black leggings, black ballet flats and I'd best add a black beret lest anyone suppose I was just dressing up as a cat burglar.(Speaking of cat burglers and cat burgling...is that a real-life type of criminal/crime. I suspect that's purely cinematic jargon. I can't recall anybody ever being convicted of cat burglary) Also some good accessories would be a cigarette holder w/ faux ciggie (didn't beatniks use those ? Or is that too glam??) and a dog-eared copy of Howl. Maybe bongos too. If the Bob Denver's beatnik portrayal on The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis is an accurate one, then maybe I should tote around bongos too (and grow out my goatee!!).

1 comment:

Kara said...

Speaking of special birthdays, today is Scott Baio's 45th birthday. Can you believe it? Chachi is 45!? Is he married yet or still trolling the elementary schools for snatch? Happy weekend!