Wednesday, September 20, 2006

it's not easy eating green

There seemed to be a green motif to my lunchtime vittles today. I bought an Amy's Organic bowl to nuke (5min cook time!! Pretty redunkulous, no? I mean, 5 minutes is an eternity in microwave cooking time!) that was pesto tortellini. And I bought sno peas to much on. A rather verde meal, I should say. I should've bought green tea to drink or an avacado frappe or something, just to y'know, complete the motif, but I was in the mood really for a giant cup of Coke & ice.
These things kinda entertain me at times....little mundane patterns that thread through my daily routine. Like if I were to get a lunch of cheese, chocolate, & chips (and I have before) then I would think of it as something like a sketch on The Electric Company and it would make me chuckle. Yeah, I'm chuckle-prone, okay? It don't take much.
I don't know why I impart such minutiae to youse guys, I mean generally speaking the itemization of a lunch is not exactly compelling info. But I suppose I'm supposing that since it's ME-RELATED minutiae, y'all will be enthralled. And you are, si??

One more thing about my lunch and then I'll move on to slightly less trivial terrain. I picked up from the Shaw's salad bar a little tub of gourmet dressing (that's an abyssmal salad bar, BTW, and the li'l tubs of gourmet dressings are the only things it's got going for it...that & the hard boiled eggies) to dip me sno-peas in. I picked out "Deeply Roasted Sesame (Japanese Style)". Sounds exotically yummy, right? Well, not only is it NOT yummy, it happens to taste quite a bit like the dressing I whipped up for my infamously REPUGNANT salad I made for last month's office potluck (if you missed, or forgot, my bitching about this culinary failure, go here to read up on it) It doesn't even have any peanuts in it (this tub o' dip) and yet it tastes nearly exactly like my salad dressing (which had peanut butter in it. I know that's barfy, I WANTED it to come out barfy. I felt like someone should put the "luck" in "potluck" Y'know if everybody made delicious dishes it would be more of a "pot-surething" now, wouldn't it???)

UPDATE ON MY LUNCH REPORT-- Holy shit (literally) I dunno if it was the roughage or the organic pasta that quarrelled with my stomach but--UUuuugghh. Lotsa bathroom time this afternoon. That's all I'll say about that (as I realize not everyone enjoys a B.M. play-by-play....me , I could go to a poop symposium, that talk don't bother me none)

Ok, on to last night's Nip/Tuck. It's my only Tues night required viewing, now that Rockstar Supernova is all over.

Y'know for an episode that had an adultery and a birth in it, I think it was not all that exciting. It was a good episode, no doubt (actually, I don't think there's such a thing as a bad Nip/Tuck eppy) but when I compare it with the wild drama abbondanza promised by the previews for next episode, well... I found it lacking. Although, I really dug the opening scene where Christian discovered his videos on YouTube (is there really such stuff on YouTube??? Holy Mackeral!!) Christian's line was right on the money-- "HOLY SHIT. Is that my ass???" Not a terribly pithy bit of dialogue but so perfect. I think that's pretty much what anyone would say.
I can't believe Sean and his fidelity lapse with that nerdy nurse. I don't get it. I know his fears & anxieties are making him all extra susceptible to temptation and blah, blah, blah, whatev. But why was he tempted?? She was no dog, this nurse whose name I can't recall (Ms. Akron Deviated Septum ) but ehhh. I dunno, I guess I just thought Sean had set his "bar" a smidgeon higher. Apparently trite high school reminiscence is a mighty aphrodisiac that the "good" doc cannot resist. To be fair, her neurosis wasn't really overt until after sex. Guess she figured, I've wooed & bedded him, all clear to let my nutjob flag fly. (I know the expression sez "freak flag" but Akron really comes off more nutjobbish than freaky....and I endeavor to be accurate) Anyways, if she stays in Ohio, I'll eat my hat . (YOU pick the particular hat...I have several) Speaking of hats...hat's off to Mario Lopez (maaan, I can rock a segue like no other!) for showing his tushie on the telly. You got a lotta chutzpah there Lopez. (and I was a-checkin' out his chutzpah! Eh? Eh? Nudge nudge wink wink) I can go along with all his pull-ups and showering and all that, but I DO NOT buy him as a doctor . Even if it was stipulated that he got his medical degree through a correspondence course, I STILL would not believe it. ("paging Dr Slater...Dr Slater to the OR stat") I admit, at core, I am biased, feeling that such a pretty boy must be empty-headed. But also I'm influenced by when I saw him on the Celebrity Edition of The Weakest Link. He was undoubtedly the weakest link. EVER. He didn't know anything!! He was supposed to make me forget how real-life stupid he is by his stellar acting gifts. He did not quite accomplish that. Was good seeing his ass though.

After Nip/Tuck I got inexplicably sucked in to watching "2 Legit 2 Quit: The MC Hammer Story" on VH1. I did manage to break the spell, but not until I'd wasted a good 45 minutes on that foolishness. I wonder if it was really a dead skunk in the pool (and the pool man having him on credit hold) that lead to Hammer finding out he was going bankrupt. I'm not going to lose sleep wondering about it, but I wonder. Maybe I will send the man himself a letter (a HAMMERGRAM! Haaa!) inquiring as to the accuracy of this cheap VH1 biopic. Ehh, maybe not . Methinks I'll pretend instead, that Hammer reads my blog, and if he feels up to commenting on "2 Legit 2 Quit: The MC Hammer Story", he knows where to reach me.

No comments: