Saturday, September 23, 2006

brief notes...

I was just rereading stuff I've posted here and it occurs to me I have a BIG problem with over-italicizing.

Help!!

In traffic last night, the SUV in front of me had a bumper sticker that proclaimed "I love my cockapoo!!" I thought, how pathetic that is if they are an actual cockapoo owner, and yet.... that is AWESOME if they aren't.

I'm not one of those people whose blood pressure escalates in traffic and I don't get a vein protruding in my forehead or anything like that. Though I am always irked a bit by the certainty that, when my ass is jutting precariously into the intersection, there IS someone ahead of me in this queue of cars that could stand to scooch up a bit. I mean, I can't see this person but I just know they're up there. They've alotted themselves a good 5 or 6 feet (for safety's sake!!) between their front bumper and the car ahead of them. But GAWD! Can't you look at the 3000 cars in your rear view and surmise that a wee bit of scooching might be in order?? We're not going 50mph, you old hen, I assure you there will NOT be a pile up.

Incidentally, I was behind the cockapoo lover on my way back from Best Buy (I hadn't been in a looong time...yaaay for me and my scrap of self restraint!!) where I'd picked up Panic! at the Disco's CD. I thoroughly dig it & heartily recommend. I feel a little dirty thinking that the lead singer's a bit of a fox, as I'm not sure the bloke's even hit 20.

I wanna to go see this movie. I haven't been so eager to catch a flick in the theater since "V for Vendetta" was released. Funny story about that, I was going to see "V for Vendetta" in the theater actually and then got conned into seeing the cinematic poopheap that was "Failure to Launch". Oh, wait that's not a funny story that's a TRAVESTY. Or a TRAGEDY if you prefer (I tend not to use the word "tragedy" for tragic situations because it invariably compells me to wanna sing the Bee Gee's "Tragedy" thus sapping the tragic tone out of the thing. So, in due deference to things tragic, I avoid that word)

Oh, and I am NOT going to reveal the name of my new must-see flick here. I want you to go to IMDB and fall in love with it for yourself. And then you will want to go to the movies to see it with me. And hey-- when we go, I will NOT be coerced into opting for a romantic comedy instead. Nooooo. I will submerge your head in the concession stand popcorn and hold it down until you stop thrashing before I let that happen!!

Wow, holy shit, I actually scare myself sometimes...

1 comment:

Kara said...

I just saw the preview for that movie and can't WAIT to see it! If only we lived closer.. We might need to plan a weekend...