Thursday, September 14, 2006

Oh frabjous day! Calloooo! Callay!!


So Lukas is the new singer of Supernova. Dilana & Lukas were the final 2 they had to choose from-- the two front runners , you coulda called them..oh wait I did call them that, in yesterday's post I did. I SOOO called this biatch.

Supernova has their singer and I'm sure glad I can get on with my life and forget that Supernova even exists. I watched the show because there were some really stellar performances on it, but aside from the stellar performances there was so much crrrrap I coulda done without. Mostly, the back & forth ass-kissing I had to listen to was fairly intolerable. The band, the host (that would be Brook Burke--I coulda done without her entirely) Dave Navarro, and all the contestants laid it on extra thick. Everybody making such a big fat deal over what an absolute, world-changing PHENOMENON this freakin' group is going to be once it gets in the studio & then on tour... And then, after a while, after they'd weeded out some of the undesirables and were left with a small group of the extra-talented singers, then the band kept getting all weepy and apologetic about eliminating people. And Dave would have to launch into this 10 minute diatribe about how much he loves the person being kicked offa the show ("Honey. You KNOW how much I WORSHIP you. I love you DEEPLY. I want to HAVE YOUR BABIES...blah blah blaaaaah etc") Well, anyways, don't expect to see me rushing out to buy tix to see the prematurely legendary Supernova in action...or buying any Supernova CD. After 3 mos of that show I'm sick to death of 'em. Although if Ryan Star puts out a CD, I may check that out...
On Project Runway, Kayne did the most gracious and watchable exit yet from the show. I would never expect anything less than perky from him, though. He said "I'm not a bitch. I just play one on TV" I have, at times, perceived him to be a bitch and repeatedly called him that, it was vindicating to see he realizes what kind of rep he's made for himself. I'm curious as to what exactly was written on his good-bye manifesto tacked to his dress form. Will a transcript of that be posted on the Bravo website soon??
I didn't see why the designers were all having a big fat fit about Angela & Vincent coming back. It was pretty unanimous amongst them what hacks A & V were, so didn't that just work out to be added protection for them this challenge? And it irked me that Laura had to make a big point about how Angela didn't win the INC challenge on her own. OK, so it's true, everything she said, but it was still rather mean-spirited of her to suck the glory out of Ang's win. That concave-chested, neurotic, glory sucker... Apparently being an emotional wreck is a good strategy for her though. Although I prefer to think they just didn't want to give Michael a 3rd win.
I was on the phone with my niece Sadie today...she's 3 and very fun to talk to on the phone. Last year at this time, you couldn't make any sense of anything that came outta her maw when you talked to her on the phone, but now she's a real hoot. (It occurs to me, incidentally, that I don't like talking on the phone with adult people) Sadie's in preschool, she goes 1/2 a day in the afternoons, and they were gonna leave soon to take her to class. She says to me "I gotta go to school." And I sez to her, I sez "Oh! GREAT!! Tell everybody I said hey!" to which she replied "But I'm going to see my friends there!" Now, I don't know if this was a prematurely teen-like statement (to the effect of "You are such an EMBARRASSMENT, Auntie. I would never mention you to my friends!!") or if it was just a 3 year olds confusion on why I would say hi to her pre-school friends that I've never met. For my ego's sake, I'll presume it was the latter sentiment. Anyhow, I thought it was cute.

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but I saw this on MSN homepage when I was doing my daily 'net perusal . I am mucho impressed, medical community!! How the HELL did youse guys swing that, I wonder??

Well, I'd best jet...it's Celebrity Duets tonight and I'll be durned if I miss it...

No comments: