Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Mystery celebrity birthday

Before I start prattling on about my various TV addictions, I MUST serenade a very special celeb b-day boy (and veteran of one of my long ago TV addictions) Love this guy, love his bro, no way could I let his birthday go unmentioned. So, on with the serenade (Ahem hemhem..Mi, mi, mi, miiii...)-- Happy birthday to yoooooou,
Happy birthday to yooou!
Happy biiiirthdaaay dear, this guy...
Tell Topanga I said "Hey."

Note: If you need to click that link to figure out who I'm talking about, then you're probably too cool to be reading my blog.

Now onto the show least likely to be shown in syndication on the Disney channel, the fabulously filthy Nip/Tuck. Writers, if you make Christian gay, I'm going to be mightily displeased. I could threaten a lifetime boycott of the program, but who am I kidding? That would certainly be an idle threat. But I do promise to be very cross with y'all if Christian switches teams. It's cool with me if you want to make Matt gay or make that nurse chick even gayer. But NOT Christian (nor Sean..that wouldn't be OK with me either) C's behavior this past eppy is looking rather suspect (looking like he is indeed in the closet ...and digging in his heels!) I would think, if he was securely and positively hetero, then he would've dismissed the naked bj proffering boy with some mockery, some sarcasm definitely, maybe even some hollering, but such violence was suspiciously overreactive, methinks.
And I don't get the Matt subplot whatsoever. What the hell was he plugged into there when he was baring his soul to Kimber? It looked to be the credit card swiper from the Shaw's checkout, but I think it was probably something else. And whatever else it was, is Kimber licensed/ authorized to operate that?? Can that be bought over that counter at Walgreens or do you have to go to a special cult supply retailer? I wonder....
In Celebrity Duets news, (I just watched on Monday the results show from Fri --I'd taped it) I'll try to keep it brief, as I realize my tendency to get carried away on this particular topic. The 3 celebs w/ the lowest scores were: Leah Thompson, Carly Patterson, & Cheech (NOOOO!). And Leah was booted off. Which indicates that the voting public is not as horny and stupid as I thought. They're not going to be coerced into voting for you just because you're flashing all your junk. Her skirt on the Fri night show was slightly longer, but still, she would've had more coverage swathing her goods in a dish towel. So I thought that was fair since Cheech showed marked improvement and she showed the exact opposite. But that Carly should be voted off soon.
I watched a li'l bit of "Dancing With the Stars" last night while I waited for "Rockstar Supernova" to come on at 9. I was flipping around a bit so I really only caught 2 dances. Well, that's an inaccurate count, really. 1 1/3 dances would be the case. I watched Joey Lawrence, oh, gawd, so sorry JOE Lawrence (or is it Joseph? WOAH, am I confused!) and judged him to be terrif (particularly with his whizz! bang! opening...I dug that) And then, out of curiosity, I opted to behold the cataclysmic spectacle that was Tucker Carlson on the dance floor and could only bear about 1/3 of the performance before I had to change channels. Y'know when you're watching the telly, and some character's embarrassment creates in you this big surge of empathetic embarrassment that makes further viewing nearly intolerable?? That's what happened, except it wasn't nearly intolerable it was COMPLETELY intolerable. I imagine if I had any political slant to me whatsoever, and that slant was at odds with the Carlson ideaology, than I would've watched the whole thing with sadistic glee. But I don't know anything about TC (aside from his penchant for bow ties) and felt bad for the dude, dancing like the fun uncle at a wedding reception. And fun uncle, you know, can't dance worth a damn, but he really gives it his lumbering, rhythmless all (the poor schmuck). Incidentally, my first ever case of TV Induced Empathic Embarrassment (that I can recall) is that Who's the Boss classic when Tony walked in on Angela as she came outta the tub. Ay-OH! Oh-AY!!

RockStar Supernova season finale tonight. The final 4 are all pretty talented, but I think Dilana and Lukas are the 2 front runners. They are extraordinarily talented. Plus I covet Dilana's hair. But I'd never dare to duplicate that on my own head--I think a couple gallons of BLEACH went into that look. I guess I'm just not ROCK 'N' ROLL enough.

And let me leave you with some embarrassing personal news--
News item 1- I didn't realize until late in the day yesterday (after 7pm) that my underwear was on inside out. I get BONUS moron points because that was not the first time I've done that.
News item 2 (highly unlikely that this is a result of News item #1)-- I have a ginormous and unsightly cankersore, right at the top edge of my bottom lip, right side. So it peeks out a bit and looks sorta like somebody gave me a fat lip. Sweeeeeeet.
I was IM-nagging my office comrade Robin to "pleeeease make for me a soothing poultice" but she failed me. It amused me to keep begging though. If I must be temporarily deformed thusly, at least I can use this as an opportunity to enjoy the humorous antiquity of the word "poultice" Poultice. Poultice. HA HA HAAAAHAAA!! I took these little salt packets out of the community condiment stash and I kept putting salt on the thing. I don't even know for sure that that helps anything. I know it would fix me up if I had a slug dwelling on my bottom lip but I don't know for sure that it cures cankersores. Though, if I may be disgustingly candid with you, my darlings, this cankersore bears the vaguest of resemblances to a slug. It is a slug like presence anyhow, so let's hope the salt did its thing. After all, I don't want to have looked like an utter tool all afternoon for nothing. Most of the time my bottom lip was jutted way out in a facial homage to Bubba from Forest Gump. No fooling! If I wasn't a white gal with a colossal cankersore, I'd have looked exactly like that dude!! And then I got this white saline residue on my lips...much like the residue on the side of your car in January.

Ahhh well, I can't be a total fox everyday.
Gotta jet...

1 comment:

Rob said...

I love "Boy Meets World," so that makes TWO of us. LOL!

WTMI on the other stuff. ;-)