Thursday, September 28, 2006

I'm not usually one to be blindsided by "shocking twist endings" that TV shows manufacture for the end of their seasons. I've got like, a BLACK BELT in boob tubery, so I generally see these things coming. That said, I've gotsta give the Project Runway folks mad props. They achieved the generally unachievable and surprised me with a late season plot twist. To have 4 people show @ Olympus, yeah that is unprecedented, but to have a challenge with NO ELIMINATIONS?? Now that is what really knocked me on my ass!! I mean, this show has always been mad-preoccupied with conveying the utter ruthlessness of the fashion world. Exhibit A-- They've got Heidi Klum saying 9000 freeeakin' times per season "In fashion, one day you're in, and the next you're OUT" Exhibit B-- They keep bringing back that bitch-on-wheels Nina Garcia along with Master-of-the-Catty-Snark Michael Kors (anyone else think he looks approximately the same age as his mom? I know, I know, that's going back quite a few eppys..sorry) Anyways this past episode everyone was as bitchy and hypercritical as usual, but when they had the bottom two on the stage--Jeffrey & Michael-- they suddenly ambush with these (gasp!!) smiles and (holy shit) HAPPY ENDINGS!!! Which was great, really, because I didn't want to see Michael sent packing although, woooah--he shoulda been. His slutty dress was a Tara Reid incident waiting to happen. And it pains me to say this but....I REALLY liked Jeffrey's dress.

I've been on a hell of a classical music kick as of late. This is what I've been listening to at work. My favorites on the CD are-- Disc One: trk 2,trk3,trk8 & trk 18 Disc Two: trk1, trk2,trk3,trk4, trk10,trk12,trk17, & trk19.
I wish I could share the music with ya on here, but probably the FBI Music Piracy Squad would hunt me down. I used to use Kaaza too, so that means I'm apt to be on their "People to Watch" list, right?? Anyways, I'm finding myself particularly fond of Verdi's "Anvil Chorus" & Satie's "Gymnopedie #3" which is really lovely.

No comments: