Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Half-pint, we hardly knew ye!!!

Has Nip/Tuck won any Emmys?? I know that some of its cohorts on the much-acclaimed FX network have... but I believe Nip/Tuck has thus far been snubbed. WELL, I think Julian McMahon should get an Emmy solely for being able to deliver a line like "And how did your nipple get into a dogfight?" without breaking out in hysterics. Granted, Nip/Tuck is not taped live, so possibly it took him multiple takes, but ultimately he pulled it off. I don't know if I could've ever said that with a straight face....and to have to say it to LAURA INGALLS WILDER, no less!! Wow. And then when the sick chick was revealed as a ...uggggh...dog violator, Julian's eyebrows did some stellar acting. Shot up like rockets, they did.

As for Melissa Gilbert's cameo...maaaan. That's sure gutsy... I guess? Is that going to be filed under the "triumphant return to TV" heading?? I dunno. For sure she wanted to breakaway from her squeaky clean image -- her "Little House" years & countless stints as the heroine of various Hallmark channel movies. But she broke so far, far, faaar away. Let's hope for her sake she's not now typecast...y'know, the go-to actress whenever H'wood has the role of "Bestiality Perv" to cast. Again..ewwwwwwwww.

So is Peter Dinklage's character (can't recall the nurse's name) being paid to be a murallist?? Ok, well I do like the mural...it's very Rousseau-esque. I'm just wondering what this nurse is doing with the baby, if anything. I just don't get what his job is (aside from being a muralist and resident sage). He's hired to be a night nurse if I recollect correctly. Does he just watch over the baby...guard him from the boogey man, make sure the mobile doesn't fall on his head in the middle of the night?? I don't get the point of it, but maybe that could be attributed to my lower middle class background, my not being accustomed to households that had hired staff. The guy seems to know he hasn't got much to do really, and is trying to compensate to really earn his paycheck. That's why all the mural painting and wisdom dispensing. I just wish the rest of that nursery matched his excellent mural. The rest of the nursery is very blah....a totally trite cliche of nursery decor. Oh, and the name CONNOR looks dumb with only one "n", people...

I could only get through a third of the roast beef sammi I got outta the vending machine for lunch. What on earth made me think that a roast beef sandwich I got out of a vending machine would be acceptable?? Such folly!! I do like roast beef, but I am exceptionally particular about roast beef. More so than I am with any other lunch meat. I never like it when it's too red. I realize how grody it sounds to say I like grey meat, but that is the case. The label I got on this sandwich described it as "Olde Neighborhood Roast Beef". Unless "Olde Neighborhood" is a brand name I have no clue what that's supposed to mean. What do these people know about my old neighborhood OR the kinds of lunchmeat available there?? How awfully presumptuous!!! The only place where I can consistently rely on a tasty roast beef sammich is when I get it at Panera's.

Also in our cafeteria vending machine, they had Mortadella sandwiches. What the hell is that?? Well come to find out (after hitting my online dictionary of choice) it's just fancy Italian bologna. But I really oughtta compose a memo to the folks at Alan's Vending (post my manifesto on a vending machine like a latter day Martin Luther) and inform them that if you have to look something up online to find out what the hell it is, it's probably not gonna sell well. Also, I want them to make pumpkin bread. They make pretty yummy pumpkin bread and 'tis the season for that kind of fare...

No comments: