Monday, September 11, 2006

Cupidity stupidity

I love shopping with my sister. She has boundless energy reserves for shopping--is the very dedicated sort of shopper that will hit the store 10 min before closing and stay an hour and a half totally regardless of how toxically all the employees are glaring at her. So yeah, there's been times that I feared, because of Laura, that I was going to be locked in Target overnight... but still, I love shopping with her. No matter how much I overdo it, she always makes me look like an amateur. Well, now, 2 days later, with my blissful shopping hangover more or less evaporated, I see how I overdid it. Reality is setting in and guilt is getting its ugly foothold in my heart. But when I shop w/ Laura, I get that lovely fleeting moment when, just coming back from the hunt, I observe how I've got 3-4 bags in contrast with Laura's s 30-40 bags.

As you mighta guessed, I did not keep it to a "browsing expedition only" as I'd previously posted was my intent. Here's the damage--
Christmas Tree Shoppe--
a shawl/ scarf, stripes in a darkish autumny palatte (only $2!!)
a new coffee mug -- pottery made in Poland (it's a cute mug, but I think a large part of its allure is simply that it's NOT made in China)
a funky scrapbook kit (I'm not into that stuff..'twas for my oldest niece)
Bath & Body Works--
C.O. Bigelow analgesic lotion --I like this brand a lot. It's pretty much why I came back to Bath & Body Works after shunning the place for years. This stuff was hellah expensive so it had better work!!
Target--
denim jacket
leggings
scoop neck shirt in the most awesome shade of green
DVD of Little Big Man
compilation CD of "crooners" (has some Dino, someTony Bennett, essentially I bought it to get Paul Anka's "Put your Head on my Shoulder")
toy microphone (for Lucy)
a toy dino that grows in agua (for Seth)
a Disney Princess pen (for Sadie)
DSW Shoe Warehouse--
3pk of black socks
slip on faux Converse style sneakers--white with black skulls doodled on 'em
Old Navy--
a funky "S" magnet
AC Moore (arts & crafts)
rubber cord for stupid bracelet weaving--7 different colors (I had gone in to find more
Winsor& Newton ink but they didn't have it, didn't have much of anything for ink, really. But I couldn't leave an arts & crafts sore empty handed!!)

And I think that be it. But I have a feeling that that's all I can remember. Since I'm in materialism mode at present, and because I finally figured out the art of posting links (sadly, I had help...it was tremendously SIMPLE and yet I'd never been able to figure it out on my own. Oy vey! Anyways, I am consequently very link-happy today.) I'm going to share with y'all a great gift suggestion for my impending b-day. Only 49 shopping days left!! I know that sounds like a lotta shopping days but I am demanding some real gift giving ingenuity from youse people this year!! After all, this year is the last year I'm going to be any fun at all. Y'know how most all peoples, after reaching a certain a point in adulthood, either HATE their birthday or are totally dismissive of it ("Naw, I didn't do anything special. It's just another day") Well, I think, if I evolve the way I'm supposed to, then Oct 2007 will be the b-day where I become
one of those people. Ew...I shudder to think! Get me those fabulous and extravagant gifties NOW, when I still think my birthday is a big fat deal.

I've also been wanting a laptop for sometime...

1 comment:

Rob said...

Thanks for the props! And I love the Christmas Tree Shop! If only it came to non-New England places!