Wednesday, April 22, 2009

a *REAL* holiday

Yep, I am a moron!! I posted my Administrative Professionals Day schpiel a whole day early. I have since learned that AP Day is always on a Wednesday (so it was today, not yesterday when I was bitching about it) the 3rd or 4th Wednesday in April, to be precise. I had it in my nog that it was yesterday because I was on http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ and looking up Apr 21st ('tis my habit to look up "this day in history" if I get a chance to idle over coffee in the a.m.) and I read:

So from that I inferred: April 21st=Adminstrative Professionals Day. That would be so much simpler, wouldn't it?? Moving holidays are a colossal pain in the arse!! Yeah, okay.. so if it was always 4/21 then some of 'em would fall on Saturdays or Sundays. Wouldn't make much difference in my scenario. Nobody remembered it yesterday and nobody remembered it today.

Boo frickety hoo.

Well, by way of compensation for totally futzing with your knowledge of April holidays, I shall give you 2 EXCELLENT reasons to pop some champers tomorrow.

April 23rd is the birthdate (and oddly, also the death date ) of one Mr. William Shakespeare. Yes, 'tis a day for celebrating the classics. Like Michaelangelo. Raphael. Donatello...oh yes. I'm talkin'....


Heroes in a half shell-- TURTLE POWER!! Oh and..it's official: the Guinness World Records people will take submissions on **ANYTHING**. I mean , that is pretty rad but, sheesh.

No comments: