Thursday, April 02, 2009

also...

..I **had** to stay up until 2am watching TV last night. Y'see, after I got me HSR fix, I got totally drawn in to this PBS documentary on Jim Jones & Jonestown. Maybe I'm a-gonna freak you out by saying so, but that is some mucho FASCINATING shit and I kept thinking throughout this thing: why haven't they done a big studio movie about this whole deal? Well, I feel a bit blasphemous (considering how many lives were lost in the Jonestown massacre) to call it a fascinating topic. Sorry. I do, of course, recognize that-- while fascinating --it's simultaneously dark and grim and horrific.

That's why, after watching that whole doc, I said to meself "Holy shit. I am going to have nightmares!!" And so I prescribed a couple hours of lighthearted TV diversions: Dinner Impossible on Food Network and Reno 911 on Comedy Central. Actually, I watched Reno 911 and then watched Tim & Eric's Awesome Show on Cartoon Network, but Tim & Eric's show is kind of funny but also kinda nightmarish in its own way, thereby undoing some of my good works, so that's why I had to tack on an hour of Dinner Impossible.

Also my eye is much, much better thanks for asking. It looks so nice and sunny out, it makes me lament the fact that I can't slip on my shades. Honestly, the capability of buying and wearing a wide variety of cheap sunglasses (*cue the ZZ Top) was the #1 reason I decided to get contact lenses. But now I am banned from wearing contacts for a whole week. I could wear shades, if I had the giant Tron, Roy Orbison-ish monstershades that slide over your eyeglasses...or if I had clip-on Dwayne Waynes. But I'm waaaay too fashion forward for one, and only Dwayne Wayne hisself can get away with the other . I'd rather squint than wear either.

No comments: