Saturday, April 18, 2009

Fi-yah (buhbuhbuuuh) I'll take you to BURN

I watched that video again and I'm afraid it's gonna take a damned exorcism to get that song outta my head now. It struck me that Arthur Brown is totally reminding me of The Master from ...
Except Master is not so much about singing & spazzy dancing. He operates much more slooooooooooooowwwwwlyyyy. But the 2 fellahs have very similar aesthetics, I'm sure you'll agree. If you haven't seen Manos, I think you should (mostly so that when I opt to bust out a Torgo reference in some future post(s) I won't need to waste a lotta time in exposition, mmmkay?) But if you do take my recommendation, you should definitely seek out the MST3K version because I imagine it would be quite intolerable without the hysterical 'bot commentary. Oh, also, I swiped that screen cap from a Manos recap on some website called the agony booth. It's a lengthy summary, but maaad funny. That website is a rad new find--I'm gonna go back there in a few and check out some other articles.

Today I went to the Christmas Tree Shoppe in Williston. Don't get me wrong, I do love me some Christmas Tree Shoppe (accordingly,I made a number of delightful purchases there today) but everytime I go there it's such an awful jam packed clusterfuck that I feel compelled to mow people down with a cart. That is the primary reason that I always grab a basket rather than a cart (nip that temptation in the bud, y'see?) Actually, I almost always get a basket rather than a cart-- in all stores. Then I tell myself: if it's getting too difficult to lug around,then you're spending too much money, dear. I call myself dear sometimes. It neutralizes the nagginess a bit when I'm giving myself direction.

Another thing about the perpetual chaotic mob climate of the CTS--I always hear somebody, somewhere in the store, breaking something.

'kay. Because I'm running out of things to say, here's a list of today's purchases:

  • a small quilted tote (a faux Vera Bradley sorta deal) paisley on an emerald green background
  • children's book: Hey Batta Batta Swing
  • children's book: Tickets to Ride
  • "coffee table" book: Picture This!
  • some headbands

  • a really awesome coffee mug -- it's white and has an etching of Helios or Apollo on it doing the sunrise via chariot thing....I always thought it was Apollo that did that ride...come to find out it might be Helios...well whoever the mythical driver was I thought it a very cool thing to have depicted on a coffee mug (a sort of apropos scene, right??) Oh here-- I looked up the company & illustrator on the mug's bottom and they have a webpage I was able to steal an image of the mug's illustration--


  • A decorate-your-own-picture-frame kit for my niece Chloe
  • Vermont Common Crackers & Vermont Cookie Buttons (ginger flavor)
  • a 3 pack of tank tops
  • A grande Caramel Machiatto (mmmm!!) at Starbucks
  • (At Marshalls-) a scarf
  • (At Marshalls-) a kind of cool skirt that I kinda regret buying because I am having the damnedest time matching it with anything. The skirt is CHARTREUSE with celery colored scrollwork design at its bottom. I've not given up all hope, but so far I've found it practically IMPOSSIBLE to match that color with anything. Yes I've tried white and I've tried black. In theory, one of 'em should jive but neither looked quite right. Another thing about "charteuse"(just in general, not in regards to this skirt)--I've always thought that word sounded like it should describe some magenta-ish color and not any sort of green. I just learned on wikipedia that "Chartreuse is the most visible color to the human eye". Terrific. So when and if I ever find a top that looks halfway decent with it...I can wear this skirt jogging in heavy traffic. That's neat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate shopping at stores because of all the people. Mostly it's like "hellooo, you're in my fucking way. Move your fucking cart!" Well, I may not actually say that, but that's what I'm thinking. I actually prefer to order online. If I go through ebates.com then I'll get a rebate back. Then I go to retailmenot.com to find discount/promotional codes. I'm all for getting the best bang for the buck. Plus I'm too lazy to drive to the store.