Tuesday, April 07, 2009

misc. oddments

Question: am I the only one finding Seth McFarlane rather dishy in his ads for Hulu.com?? Even with the alien worm emerging from his navel-- hubba hubba.

At the office, when I want to buckle down & work hard at my desk (usually on some damned spreadsheet or another) I plug in my headphones and try to zone out to some tunes. My 'net radio of choice is Accuradio.com. As I was botching some horrible project for Cathy today (I didn't even finish it, and found out late in the day that I wasn't doing it right) I was listening to their "Decades" channel (pretty broad genre there, unless you deselect some decades) and Whitney Houston's "One Moment in Time" came on. If ever there was a song for belting out, that is it. I had a strong compulsion to belt it out loudly and off-key (this happens to be the only manner in which I perform Whitney Houston).

Once I was riding around with my sister and I had the sadistic urge to do a Whitney Houston medley. I succumbed to this urge and thought it might get me shoved out of a moving vehicle. Still, the danger was worth it, as that may have been the musical comedy highlight of my life (thus far). Although I have participated in some pretty silly-ass duets. For instance, Laura and I perform a quite unique, and very, very memorable rendition of "Shake You Down" (originally by Gregory Abbott)

I gotta go hop on to iTunes, see if there's any new Flight of the Conchords podcasts for me to download...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree on the Seth front.

- Paula