Wednesday, July 23, 2008

worth the $$$

Vince Vaughn = value. I'm so pleased. First off, I'm glad to see one of my faves in the news (and not for something scandalous a la Christian Bale). Secondly, this news quickly hatched in my mind a lame pickup strategy should I ever meet Vince (could happen y'know --most likely when flocks of pigs are flying past a blue moon during a sudden snowball surplus in Hell) If this study is actually being published in Forbes, I should acquire me a copy of that issue--just in case. How suave-- to walk up to Vince and say "I hear you can gimme more BANG for my buck, babe.." or something to that effect, being mindful to have the 'zine at hand in case you happen to have been sitting on that line for 4 or 5 yrs and the guy needs a memory refresher.

I shall let you know if such an opportunity arises...

I mentioned above --in a parenthetical aside-- the brouhaha surrounding dear Christian Bale. I wanna go on record as saying I suspect his mother & sister's accusations are a load of bullshit (or a load of GUANO..haw haw). I mean, when a celeb gets himself/ herself in hot H2O I have 1 of 2 possible reactions. It's either "I hadn't realized he was that type" or "No shocker there". That latter one would apply to something like...a new Britney scandal or Andy Dick's recent arrest (how foul is that guy? eww). The former type of reaction is where I'm mildly surprised because said celeb hadn't particularly struck me as a loose cannon. Then when I consider their character, it seems possible enough even if it hadn't seemed probable (that could be put more concisely...forgive my rambling!!) They hadn't seemed to be one o' those overtly goody 2 shoes stars nor were they in that perpetual train wreck category either...just kind of "neutral" celebs. Oh, I just came up with an example while I was blathering on... when Thomas Jane got a DUI. It popped up in the news early this year (in the spring maybe?) and then fell off the radar almost immediately thereafter. Luckily I remembered the incident as I was able to very handily use it as an example in this case, and also lucky that I remembered it because as I sorta second-guessed whether or not my memory served correct and did Jane actually get a DUI , and when was that again? Anyways that second guessing led to a quick 'net search and that led to my finding this pic---


Hubba hubba hubba... now, that was worth my bad writing / beaucoup run-on sentences, wasn't it??

But back to my point...I do have one...got a li'l (understandably) sidetracked by the TJ photo ( cannot believe he's married to such a dumpy frump) When I heard this about Christian Bale, a new reaction category was born: staunch disbelief. For the first time, when hearing of a celeb scandal, my immediate response was-- "NO. That can NOT be true" Seriously...was even compelled to eschew contractions in order to fully communicate the firmness of my conviction.

Bale has always struck me as a real down-to-earth bloke and a sort of a philanthropic character as well. This whole thing is either a kooky misunderstanding or stemming from his mum & sis being unbalanced. It's got to be...

Let's keep the eyecandy comin' with another pic...



No comments: