Thursday, July 31, 2008

irons in the fire

I had an interview on Tuesday at DHMC . I have another one scheduled for Aug 4th but haven't got the time off approved yet. And I had a voice mail today from Karen (who interviewed me on Tues) wanting to schedule a 2nd interview. My boss has GOT to be suspicious about all these unspecified "appointments". I'm just going to 'fess up and tell her I have lupus. Orrrr, uhh, what's a disease needing continual medical upkeep?? Restless Leg Syndrome? Scurvy? Ah well, I WISH I were so good a liar, I know if she addresses the subject I'm going to admit I'm going on job interviews. Would that be seen as a sort of infidelity? I'd bet it would...

The reaction I'm hoping for, though, is "OH GOD NOOO- DON'T LEAVE US!! Name your salary. Just pick a figure, and consider it done, my dear!!"

Well, whatev. I'm not sayin' anything until asked.

No comments: