Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hey- I love things that are great. Good things are fantastic..

A few things I'm enjoying these days...

A nice clean car...

Okay, okay, so the cleaning process is not ENTIRELY finito, but I've made great strides. I've considerably reduced the clutter and relocated it all to the trunk. So what's left to do is vacuum and then keep chippin' away at the remainder of the clutter in said trunk. What's key though, is that my car has more or less returned to normal (lost that "I'm-a-vagrant-that-lives-in-my-car" look that it's apt to have)


This is my latest lipstick purchase (bought during my last Target excursion) and I'm VERY pleased with it. Boots No.7 Sheer Temptation Lipstick. I wear it nearly everyday. Except I didn't get the color shown above I got "Smoulder", the red shade indicated on the No.7 Sheer Temptation palette below:


That color just to the left of "Smoulder" looks good to me too. It is called "Facinate". Either the Boots website has a typo there, or the Brits (Boots is a UK co.) have a funky spelling for "fascinate" I may have to buy more Boots makeup when I next journey to Target...


Lakes--



More specifically..I had me a monstrously nice Saturday at Lake Sunapee this past weekend. I hadn't ever (prior to this past weekend) really hung out in the harbour area, I'd only gone to the Lake Sunapee state beach. The harbour was maaaahvelous. It made me think about how I really prefer the lakes/woods setting over the ocean/beach scene. Don't get me wrong, I do really like the ocean & beach, too. But how perfectly idyllic is a sylvan set lake..with a rustic cabin... I would LOVE that!

(New addendum to my personal ad: "must own lake house")


I was jonesin' for strawberry ice cream the other night--usually I'm a chocolate gal, but sometimes a strong yen for strawberries seizes me-- and I picked up this instead, in order to be somewhat virtuous. It's actually very yummy.

and lastly...on an odd note...this news item amused me immensely..(only thru Fark would I stumble onto somethin' like that!!)

No comments: