Thursday, April 19, 2007

tofu, brown rice and carrot juice...BANG BANG!

Not exactly what I ate for lunch but I did have a miso soup w/ TOFU in it. Lotsa people are reticent about just trying tofu, but I wasn't reticent out of cowardice but because my last tofu experience was rather disappointing. Early this month Roxanne & I dined out at Yama and I had some of this seafood stew she ordered (she insisted I try some) and that had tofu in it. I can't criticize the flavor, as it tastes like absolutely NADA, but the consistency of that tofu was foul. It was like these neutrally flavored hunks of jelly...just barely at the lowest levels of solidification. Ewww. However the tofu niblets in my soup du jour were much better. Much more solid...actually they were sort of like the eggy bits you get in fried rice.

And presently I am polishing off a Raspberry YoCrunch. It feels like somebody musta made a fortune off that notion-- including a 1/4 cup of granola with a yogurt cup. Genius. Unless that genius signed off all the glory to their company...well either way, they probably took home a nice bundle.

No comments: