Monday, April 09, 2007

Here comes Peter Cottontail...snowshoing down the bunny trail


So, it seems to be a 2007 mandate-- precipitation on every holiday. We had a BITCH of a snow squall on Valentine's Day, snow on St Pat's, snow ON EASTER. Mark my words-- we'll have another improbable snowfall on Earth Day (Apr 22) and sleet on Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day, of course , will be a bit warmer so I am forecasting torrential rain for then.

Other than the dumbass weather, it was a decent Easter. All calorie conscientiousness & my healthy eating initiatives were quickly defenestrated but I'm trying not to beat myself up too much about it. Like Scarlett said..tomorrow is another day. There's no avoiding these derailments when you're trying to be good (in anything) the important thing is to be sure to jump back on track shortly thereafter. PERSEVERANCE is to be my mantra. (easier to maintain a mantra if you limit it to one or two words, y'know...won't tax the memory).

My Easter eggs came out rather hideously this year. YES, I still dye Easter eggs. I have for many moons now and cannot quit it. Holiday tradition is like smack to me. It was all I could do to stop leaving out "Santa snacks" on Christmas Eve (4 or 5 years ago).

I realize this has been a gripey post but it truly was a good Easter. The bad points (ooh, for instance, I forgot to mention that, for the first time in our family's history, there was a horrible gravy mishap and the gravy was TERRIBLE. And the ham gravy especially is sooo delish & vastly superior to turkey gravy that I KNOW I woulda remembered if we'd ever had a gravy disaster on Christmas or Easter (ham holidays) before) were relatively few and the overall day was just pleasant in a quiet, unspectacular way.

No comments: