Thursday, April 19, 2007

my bad jiggy self

Last night Z97 played a coupla songs that made me want to go out dancing. In fact I was doing a little surreptitious car dancing ..

They played Li'l Jon's "Snap Yo Fingers" first, which- mindless pablum though it is- is a maaarvelous song nonetheless. It got me jonesing to go out to a club (not a bar but a club club, y'know) and I haven't been to one in a pathetically loooong time. And then, as if Z97 actually sensed the reaction they were evoking (sensed my rumpshake down memory lane) they proceeded to play Sean Paul's "Get Busy". Claaaassic. So that further exacerbated my club-stalgia. Once upon a time I used to go out to clubs frequently... That's right, I used to really get out and shake my tail feather..even if said tail feathers are of Big Birdesque proportions. Sometimes I get the feeling that I gave up the whole raising hell era of my life too early..... if I'm not feeling like that, I'm feeling like totally hibernating ...y'know holing up in my abode, not spending money, marathon novel reading.... there is no happy medium mood with me apparently.

Oh, speaking of money.... I had to pay a FAT sum to both the VT Dept of Taxes and the US Treasury. I make very measly moolah, I dunno why this keeps happening to moi!! I will have to have a professional do my taxes next year I think. Anyways, I remember a bank employee pal of mine informing me before that you can write pretty much anything on your checks' memo lines (I had asked her about it...I've always found that line to be just BEGGING for some sarcastic notation) and it doesn't matter. So on both my tax payment checks I wrote "bleeding me dry" on that line after the " FOR:"

Consequently cash is going to be veeeeery tight until mid May. Ouch. I found myself thinking last night how much I would like a little divine intervention-- y'know to win a contest, or well, not Powerball exactly (I don't want to be GREEDY...not that I would turn that kinda $$$ away..NO SIREEE BOB!) but lucking out with a winning scratch ticket perhaps. And then this afternoon my boss IMs me: "Come here please" That always makes me wince and think "Agh! What did I f*** up ?" But it was actually a very POSITIVE "come here please" .. she was handing out $25. Visa gift cards for those of that made 100% accuracy on our prev month's stats. I feel compelled to point out that only 2 of us got cards-- me & Robin. And I got *TWO* gift cards--one for my January stats and another for March. I know that's not an astounding assload of money but that really made my day. I'm taking it as a sign that somebody up there's listening to me.

Every now and then I think of this little pearl of wisdom (my friend Monica used to say it, and coincidentally I bought a magnet that had this printed on it for Roxanny's b-day)--
"Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end"

An adage that has long stuck with me because it's such a weird blend of reassurance and vague grimness.

No comments: