Tuesday, April 24, 2007

By the power of Greyskull...

I used to have THIS poster. This seller has done a horrible job photographing it, but it has on the left side all the warriors (and warriors' ride-on jungle cats) on HeMan's side (the "good guys") and then all the villains on the right side of the poster. Everyone has their name next to them, so it's really a handy reference guide for the Masters of the Universe universe. I think I got mine at Burger King.

Although I feel strongly that this poster would be a fantastic addition to my cubicle, I could never bid on it. I'm a little wary of ebay to begin with, but aside from that whole issue, I am pretty certain that this poster is still somewhere at my parents house. Maybe in the darkest, cobwebbiest corner of the cellar furnace room...or possibly rolled up on the top shelf in a closet-waaay at the back, and under a buttload of other junk. It's in that house somewhere. And so I cannot buy it.

Same goes for my old License to Drive poster, the Duran Duran poster, the Jacksons Victory tour poster (another BK acquisition) and that poster my sister had of Kirk Cameron lounging in a pretty pernicious come-hither fashion on a nest of pillows. If I had that last one, KC himself would probably buy it on ebay...so he could burn it at church (a tangible forsaking of his sinful Seaver past)

No comments: