Monday, April 23, 2007

tales from me talking to my TV

You are not going to believe this, but I shall tell you anyways...

Flipping about the channels on Thurs night, I happened upon Jeopardy! right at the very start of Final Jeopardy . The category is US History and Alex reads: "Out of 29 of this nineteenth century president's vetoes, Congress overrode 15 of them." And I was like...OOooooh, even for Final Jeopardy, that is ROUGH. But I threw my hands up and said out loud "I'll say ANDREW JOHNSON" I didn't exactly throw my hands in the air, proceeding to wave them as if I just did NOT care, because, well, Jeopardy just isn't that kind of show. It was more of a gestular way of saying "What the hey..."

Well it WAS Andrew Johnson!! How d'ya like that? No doubt you'd label that a "lucky guess" but I think instead that, in the reading I've done about presidents of yore (I've done a bit...it's the distant historical Presidents I take an interest in ...Washington through FDR...yep, everybody after FDR rather bores me, I'm sorry to say) more has been absorbed than I realized. There is probably an AWESOME abundance of crap I know that I don't know that I know!! Astounding...

No comments: