Thursday, January 11, 2007

YUMMY YUCKY

This is sort of an addendum to Monday's post --you know my big diatribe about glorious, wonderful veggies (sorry Kara!). Actually I was ruminating on how I really love cabbage, and I've been such an ace chef lately and therefore I should find more cabbage-inclusive recipes to try out. Combine this notion with my secret yearning to be British and we have me looking up bubble & squeak on the internet. I knows it's traditional English fare, and the primary component in it is cabbage. Sounds like an ideal endeavor por moi, does it not? I thought so...and then I found THIS PICTURE--

YEEEEEEEEESH... that gob on the left looks identical to something I mined out of my nose earlier today (a smidgeon larger maybe) . That gob on the left is bubble& squeak. That gives me pause. Just a pause, mind you, I am not fully deterred. I'm really not as squeamish as all that (I pick my nose, don't I??). Yes, I'm sure I would probably try it.

Oh speaking of being a booger-gnoshing hogger...my littlest niecey Lucy has just picked up that rather icky habit. She's just two but has already realized the great comic potential of eating boogs (a real prodigy, I tell ya). I hate to think she's just doing it because she likes the flavor. Here's what makes me think she does it for laughs and/ or shock value-- when you catch sight of her doing it, and you yell something like "UGH! Don't DO that, you li'l hogger! Groooooss!" she flashes you a very impish grin and replies, "Yummy!!" Awwwwww, thems the times me heart swells with pride and I'm reassured that I'm doing my job as an auntie, that I'm truly making a difference..

No comments: