Tuesday, January 30, 2007

funky dreams

Apparently my TV time is being over-saturated with ads for Catch and Release , because last night I had a dream starring Jennifer Garner and Timothy Olyphant. I don't recall the premise of the dream exactly but at one point they were riding a tandem bike. I certainly don't mind Timothy O invading my dreams, but Jennifer Garner can bugger off. She is the sole reason for my avoiding that movie. Well, I generally don't bother to see rom-coms in the theater, but if Catch and Release had a different female lead, I very likely mighta rented it. I don't know what about Garner irks me so...she has that sorta gawky Everygal element that I've admired in other actresses, but she's just too...too...I dunno, dimpled and prim for my liking. I swear, it's NOT because she bagged Affleck (I'm more of a Damon gal). But even though I find Garner inexplicably offputting I hope the film does well, as I've liked Timothy Olyphant for a long time. If Catch & Release succeeds, he might get some more leading roles. I'm just hoping that the next time he shows up in my dreams, he's assuming the role he had in the movie Go. That's where I loved him best: Santa hat, shirtless, dealing drugs.

Is it just me, or does Timothy Olyphant have sort of a Josh Duhamel (from TV's "Las Vegas" aka boyfriend of that uber-tramp Fergie-ferg) look about him? Or maybe it's that Josh Duhamel has a Timothy Olyphant look about him. I don't know... I think I could be just going bonkers, because every time I'm struck by a celeb resemblance, and I look for pics on the 'net to corroborate my observation... I can't find any pics of the 2 people looking similar. Take for example, my brilliant Sheffer-Boreanaz theorem from a post last month...
So this time, I'm just gonna throw it out there and not give you any visual aid...

I made homemade soup last night (Tues night last night , not Mon night that I had my Catch & Release dream) It's kind of ehhhh (having it for lunch right now). It's not very tasty but I don't HATE it either. It resides in a sad sort of limbo state--just south of "good" but quite a bit north of "grody". I am going to eat this whole bowl though, because I put a lot of healthy junk in it. That was my primary goal-- to cook up something nutritious. It woulda been a bonus if it had been nutritious and tasty. But like I said...it's not heinous.

To make up for my lack of pics in this post thus far, here is a visual itemization of what is in my soup--




















WATER



















Goya brand sm. white beans & split peas






CARROTS



















Rutabagas









Chicken









white pearl onions








savory







vegetable broth

(actually same brand as center box in photo)














PARSNIPS














Potatoes

















and sundry herbs & spices

No comments: