Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Boiled Dinner you're as lovely as your name...

Last night I was helping to clean up the kitchen (blah) and while I was transferring leftover boiled dinner from its colossal cooking vessel into some Tupperware, I began making up songs to amuse myself. Actually, my chief goal was to provoke a laughing fit in my mother (who was at the sink washing dishes at the time). Sometimes when I reeeeally get her going, she actually, for real, doubles over with laughter and cannot function until the amusement subsides. Last night's greatest hit was the Boiled Dinner song... I basically took this song from Cinderella and substituted "Boiled Dinner" everywhere I was 'sposed to sing "Cinderella" (because, syllabically, it's such a swell fit) Oh, and, the part where it sez "...the kingdom of romance" I sang "...the kingdom of my pants"...well, you get the idea, hellah funny. I am the insane man's Wayne Brady. White, insane, girl Wayne Brady. Not only did I provoke the intended fit from my mom, but I also wound up in a similar state. I started crying...mostly from laughter (but in a small part due to the realization of what a shameless dork I am)

Speaking of my dorkish tendencies.... I finished off "Our Mutual Friend" last night. I was DETERMINED to watch the whole rest of it...really seriously wrapped up in the saga...consequently I stayed up until just after 3am. I TOLD you I was addicted!! Anyways, that mania is over now. But--OH!-- I am ecstatic to report that whatever mysterious glitch was in Part III Chapter 16-17 it somehow unglitched itself. All I did was take out the DVD and blowed on it gently and the wee microscopic microns of Pixie Dust that inhabit my breath did their magical thang. Or there coulda been dust on the disc. I may never know which was the case, but the upshot is that I do not have to bring my precious movie back to Borders. Hurrah and yippy skippy!!



Clive Owen is the new face of Lancome. Mmm. Mmm. MMM!! Lancome, I assure you, has never looked so damn good. It's more hi-falutin' than the makeup I usually go in for (hello, Bonne Bell!) but I'm going to start buying Lancome faithfully. I don't care if he's in adverts for Men's Anti-aging anti-wrinkle cream, I'M BUYIN' I'll buy anything if Clive Owen's the one doin' the shillin'. Velveeta dipped moldy tangerines, Clive? Put me down for a dozen, babe!



Case in point--



I confess, I don't entirely know what "case in point" means but it just feels apropos to me at this juncture....

No comments: