Friday, January 05, 2007

HULK SMASH!!!

Work was LOUSY today. The 800 lines for our Denton TX branch went down and Verizon spent ALL DAY repairing them (and as of go-home time this evening, they weren't even fixed!) So while those lines were down they forwarded all their calls to us in NH. This is the calls that come in to a dept of 60 people now all coming in to a group of 7. I was soooo damn frazzled I was thisclose to hulking right the fuck out. And I have a rather private cubicle, as it happens, so that would be an ideal venue for hulking out. Y'know how, on the show, David Banner would come up against the bad guys in a warehouse and they'd knock his wussy ass into some shelving, thereby knocking a ton of packages & shit on top of him. And it was only THEN, under cover of umpteen cardboard boxes, that he would metamorphasize. And nobody ever really saw the transformation and weren't quite bright enough to make that Banner-Hulk connection (durrrr!). And that's how the nimrods in my office would be... "Hmmm I saw Sandra sitting by herself in her wee cubicle and now there's a ginormous enraged Hulk monster in there punching phones and throwing desk chairs and now WHERE did Sandra go? Possibly she is cowering under her desk for fear of this Hulk that materialized out of nowhere???" I would totally fool them, except possibly for the fact that one of my well known catchphrases (in times of stress) is "Grrrrrrr!! I. AM. GOING. TO. HULK . OUT!!!" Even that might not tip them off. One tends to expect the unexpected. It seems too inevitable that the maniac proclaiming that she is about to hulk out will actually hulk out...it can't possibly be her. No way.

Well I suppose there is a silver lining here...those bitches in Texas had a nice, quiet low key workday. Somehow this fails to console me...

This cheered me somewhat though. ....Damon does McConaughey...not in the way you're thinking YOU HOGGERS!!! Check it out, it made me chortle.

Alright, I'm getting a bit groggy so I'm going to cut myself off before I decend into an embarrassing drivel spiral like I did in those posts from the other night...

No comments: