Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Somebody remembered! Yay!

One of the websites (one of the many websites) I periodically visit is http://www.tv.com/ I went there today and all their featured headlines were utterly preposterous/ redunkulous. Redunkulously preposterous, to put it more concisely. For instance---










That second one is semi-believable but the fact that they're sportin' a feature news item on iCarly is highly suspect in & of itself.



I quizzically furrowed my brow over these "headlines" for like a nano-sec, and then remembered...it's APRIL 1!! I'm glad SOMEBODY remembered. Otherwise, my April Fool's Day has been rather glumly lacking in pranks. And when I say "pranks" in this lament, I should specify that by "pranks" I mean "pranks perpetrated by me on other people or by other people on other people who are NOT ME" (thems are the only worthy pranks I know of)



Lemme see... what hath transpired since my last posting?? Lemme lay it on ya in chronological order , eh??



FRIDAY: Became an official contact lens wearer as I aced my 2nd fit & dispense/contacts coaching session.

Not much went down on Fri... I bought some excellent pistachios and some salsa that was really too hot for my liking.

SATURDAY: On this day, it took me a staggering 35 MINUTES to get my contacts in. Oy. Other than that, lazed around for much of the day but went out to Salt Hill Sat night with Roxanny to celebrate her 3/30 birthday. Had some UFOs and some buffalo wings (the ones there are my faaaave)

SUNDAY: Hung out at Laura's . On this day it took me only 8 1/2 minutes to put in contacts. Yippy skippy.

MONDAY: Bah.. back to work. Contacts in in 2 minutes...at last I figured out what I'd been doing wrong. For aiming purposes, I had been gazing into a mirror as I put 'em in. However, it seems that watching my finger descend onto my grodily propped open eye makes my flinch/blink reflex exponentially stronger. So I learned on Monday that it's much easier to rely on my innate hand-eye coordination and install sans mirror...perhaps checking a mirror afterward to ensure that my eye's not bleeding.

No comments: