Monday, April 28, 2008

long time no BLOG

Greetings earthlings. Just a quickie to letchya know that I still draw breath. As always -after a posting hiatus- I need to rebuild momentum with a series of substandard junk posts.





Here's a few bullet points to catch you up on the latest...





*Had my last day of work on 4/18; got a free lunch at Koto. It was hellah yummy. I need to go to Koto more often, methinks.

*Have verbally accepted a job offer w/ the VNA (a general office bitch position- doing mail, phones, reception, etc); have an appt. to go in this Wednesday to fill out new hire paperwork ; my starting day has been pushed back to the 5/19 new employee orientation, but this delay is fine by me because.. .

*Had 2 interviews last week at DHMC one with the supervisor of the secretarial float pool (to be a "floater" --even though that title makes me think of inner-toilet debris that won't quite flush down, this gig is the one I want more) and the other with the pediatric dept. I think they went well, but you never know, ya know? Your fellow applicant pool is a total unknown, there's no telling what you're up against. That's why, even though I want the DHMC gig, there's no way I could turn down the job w/ the visiting nurses. So I'm glad my VNA start date has been postponed...just in case DHMC does make an offer. It will be bad enough to accept a job and then back out, but I think it would be worse to have to quit after having started work there. So hopefully DHMC will call with good news prior to 5/19 (cross your fingers por moi!) but, y'know, if they don't things will turn out OK.

*My folks got a widescreen LCD TV (Samsung). It's pretty trippendicular...a fact I shall only concede in this forum here. The most I will admit to my Dad is that "Hmm...'s pretty cool" and this I say with a shrug in the most unenthusiastic manner ever. The thing is, it's Dad's favorite topic of conversation nowadays: "HOW AWESOME is my new TV??" So, obviously, I cannot reveal how truly impressed I am.

*Have been watching a buttload of The Electric Company with my Sadie-kins. She knows all her letters and is very eager to start reading.

*Watched "I am Legend" (in the wondrous panoramic splendor of a widescreen LCD!! Booyah!) I was NOT happy with the ending. I was even less pleased with Sam's fate. As soon as I saw that adorable li'l pup onscreen, I totally called that. SUCH a predictable (and horrible) plot device!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your take on I am Legend. But still a good movie. I expected not to like it at all.

Methink you should haul on down to the Rut on Monday the 5th and celebrate Cinco De Mayo with me and Shan.

_Paula

Kara said...

Argh.. I know what you mean.. The minute the dog came on screen i knew it wasn't going to end well :(. Congrats on the job prospects! Drop me an email when you get a chance.. all I've got is your old work one..