Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I'm no Amerigo Vespucci, folks...

I got us lost this a.m. getting to work. We came in a half hour late. Not that I gave a calf-fry about being late (what are they gonna do? FIRE ME??) but I was appalled at my utter lack of navigational prowess. But, in my defense, it's a confusing damn city to drive in AND I was totally relying on the co-piloting input of Bonnie & Laurel. So just 'cause I was the one driving, that does not mean that *I* SINGLEHANDEDLY got us lost. At nearly every intersection I bellowed at the gals "Right, left, or straight...TELL ME NOWWW!" Which is further proof of the shittiness of my navigational skills. Just don't pin it ALL on moi. That's all I'm sayin' here.

After, the first time we got misrouted (we got headed the wrong way twice) we stopped back at the hotel and B ran inside to grab the Google driving directions Mags had printed for us for the hotel-to-office commute. The total mileage of that trip (according to Google)?? 2.9 MILES!!

Yep, I had less than 3 miles to go and somehow managed to get hopelessly turned around...TWICE. Brilliant....

And still I am unable to pawn off the driving duties!! DAAANG.

No comments: