Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Spartan spirit

I am dying to see 300. It's sort of an action flick, and I am generally not a fan of that genre but... I am interested in seeing the special effects on this one. And by special effects, I mean Gerard Butler's abs. JUST KIDDING (well I'm only half kidding, that IS one the film's enticements)


I suppose I am a bit of a comic book nerd poser, because although I don't buy or read comic books/ graphic novels I think that I would like to. So, consequently this new graphic-novel-turned-movie genre intrigues me. I saw "Sin City " in the theater and really dug that. Of course, I didn't go to that one in a comic book nerd capacity, I went to see Clive Owen. But then I was really dazzled by whole style /look of the movie, I just loved it. And the Clive Owen was good too. Very.

So because I am a would-be, wanna-be comic book nerd, and also because Gerard Butler is high up there with Clive Owen (and Christian Bale) in the pantheon of primo celeb eye-candy, I really, really, really wanna see 300. Only I can't think of who would go see this with me.


Jinkies...just imagine...if there was a movie starring Clive Owen, Christian Bale , and Gerard Butler... I would be BEYOND euphoric. I would do the Star Wars rabid fan-dork thing and camp in line for a ticket when it premiered. Except there probably wouldn't be that huge mob that necessitates the camping out to buy a movie ticket. But I would camp out just the same...if only as a gesture of my fanatical devotion.

Now, I don't know the hypothetical plot line per se but that there has the makings of a DAMN GOOD movie. I'm going to start pitching it to studio execs...

No comments: