Monday, March 05, 2007

Everybody's talkin' all this stuff about me. Why don't they just let me live (tell me why)??

Why don't they just let you live , Bobby B? Oh...maybe 'cause you don't pay your child support payments. Anyways...the whole Bobby Brown getting arrested at his daughter's cheerleading competition is old news (although the choice of venue for that arrest continues to amuse me. He comes to the event to show his support and gets picked up by the po-po for NOT giving support....HAA. I would say that was ironic if that Alanis Morrisette song hadn't totally skewed my perception of "ironic" and made me question for the past decade whether or not I actually know what that word means)

Anyways I was just reading the latest today... basically an update on how Bobby is reneging on his agreement with the radio station that paid his bail. The radio station is being very diplomatic about what went down, and of course Bobby's reps are putting a pretty spin on it, but bottom line is- he's reneging.


But whatever...I had not held Mr Brown up as any paragon of trustworthiness, so this news item neither shocks nor disillusions me. I am, however, disappointed with THIS bit of shoddy reporting---





"Don't Be Cruel"?? "Don't Be Cruel"?? What the hell ails you people? Are you even from this country? Presley's "Don't Be Cruel" is CLASSIC and I also recognize the greatness of the Cheap Trick cover of "Don't Be Cruel" but Bobby Brown's? PUH! Bobby Brown is BEST known for that watershed homage to self-centered amoralism "My Prerogative" (which I do love). I would have also accepted the equally terrific "Humping Around". But "Don't Be Cruel"?? Don't be RIDICULOUS!

No comments: