Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Gin-soaked hair

I bought this new shampoo & conditioner on sale at Brooks. Charles Worthington is the brand and it's bodifying or volumizing or something of that ilk. I have baby fine hair, so I ALWAYS buy something of that ilk. I just tried it for the first time last night and...WOW. Very noticeable results, instantly. I suspect that, after a couple more showers, my hair will build up an immunity to it, but for now I'm quite smitten. It's like a MAGIC POTION. Me mucho gusto.
The other thing about it....
...has a very interesting smell. Not a bad smell but this very strong pleasant smell that is tricky to define. It has florally fruity top notes and then this underlying base scent that I could not quite identify. I kept sniffing handfuls of lather, trying to figure it out.. I think it might've smelled like gin. I can't decide if it was gin or just a very pungent lime smell that, I Pavlovianly interpret as the scent of gin. I mean, I don't encounter limes outside of a gin & tonic context, so it could just be a conditioned response in me: lime smell = GIN. That could be the case. But I rather fancy the notion of my hair smelling like gin. Like maybe I've been making gin in my bathtub...except I don't have a bathtub, but you don't know that.
The conditioner has the same smell, but sort of muted. Like someone poured milk in my gin & tonic. Ewwww. Well, I should not scoff. After all, wiser women than I drink Pepsi & milk (namely, Laverne DeFazio). So although it sounds severely unpleasant, I would probably try at last a sip of a gin & milk & tonic, because I generally subscribe to a don't-knock-it-'til-you-try-it philosophy. Now, was it Kant or Schopenhauer that authored that " don't-knock-it-'til-you-try-it" treatise?? Damned, if I can't remember....ugh..

No comments: