Monday, December 03, 2007

Reporting in, even on my day off...

Update on the 12/3 Cookie Baking Initiative... there are no g.d. EGGS in this house. How am I suppose to bake cookies without @#$%ing eggs?? Yeeeeah, I know: cash + short car trip +store =a dozen eggs in the fridge, but I don't wanna go out in this!!! Daaamn!

Well here are my options:
a) Depart for work a bit early tomorrow, stop by the store en route and buy the undeserving ingrates at my office some friggin' Chips Ahoy (ok, just kidding, it's very sucky for them that they have to work in this icky blizzard and I have a nice snowed in day off, so I feel for them. I really would get them the good stuff: some of those European varieties and/ or Pepperidge Farms cookies

b) Go up in the woods aways, and, with the help of my father's elf call (I was a bit surprised to find that amongst his hunting paraphenalia...is there even an elf season? ) try and lure out some elves of the KEEBLER variety and then track them back to their bakery trees....and totally pillage the joint.

c) Avail meself of the "Advanced Search" feature on Epicurious.com and search for cookie recipes that omit eggs. I mean, tragically, there's people out there who have cut eggs out of their diet entirely for some reason or another (cholesterol, ovo-allergies, extreme phobia of anything dispensed from a chicken's ass) and they couldn't possibly go through life foresaking the JOY OF COOKIES also...could they? I mean, SHIT, how fucking bleak would that be?
Hmmm, it occurs to me that if such a search comes up with 100 recipes calling for Egg Beaters I am as screwed as ever (having none of that gunk on hand either)

d) Suck it up and drive to the damn store.


I'll drop a post later and let you know what was decided....(try and live with the immense suspense)

No comments: