Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I will always feel better, just knowing there's an Icehotel

Don't ask how, but I wound up perusing the ICEHOTEL site during my lunchtime 'net wanderings. So, as I'm gnoshing on my gordita I'm thinking "Now when I'm feeling low about a particular bout of frivolity (as I am apt to succumb to) I can always think:'ICEHOTEL' and not feel so bad, remembering that there are thousands of wealthy kooks -more frivolous than I--that will fork over a thousand bucks to sleep for a night on A SLAB OF ICE". Hey, I'm totally down with the notion of the "destination hotel", but that is just redunkulous.

OK, well, it's not to say that I'm not interested. Obviously-- if it was able to compete with a fresh Taco Bell gordita for my attention-- it intrigued me greatly. Most of these hotels offer guided tours during the day (then close to the general public @ 6pm when the paying guests overrun the joint) . I would be game for a tour. Even better...I would be game to party at the IceBar . After a tipple or two, I would barely even notice how friggen cold I was. Heck, after four or more ...I'd probably sleep there. So I guess from that we could conclude that I WOULD sleep in an ice hotel. . . provided I was super-innebriated. And really, that's a moot revelation...because..well, let's presume I did not luck into some generous Swedish benefactor(s) ... and so if I were that drunk, I would probably also be quite broke, I wouldn't have sufficient moolah to hole up in the ice hotel . I would fall asleep in a snow bank and probably wake up with severe hypothermia. Let's hope I lose a chunk of my ass outta the deal, anyways.

Wowwww, that was a rather lengthy foray into Hypotheticalville. Just wanted to divert meself from dreadful, tiresome WORK, I guess. Which is certainly understandable.

No comments: