Thursday, August 10, 2006

yuh. Have a GREAT weekend.


I just lost 10 minutes of precious lunch time because this cheap asshole customer was haggling freight charges with me. I wish it was cool for me to announce, in my most politely chipper tones (while customer is mid sentence) "This asinine conversation is truly important to me, but my lunch hour just started. We're going to have to either wrap this up now or you may continue your blathering at 1pm EST. Goodbye!" **click** To be fair, I shouldn't call him an asshole, he was perfectly polite. But he just kept belaboring the same point over and over and was irritating the piss outta me. He wanted to know why the shipping dept charges the amount they charge for a particular package. I don't know..(Hell, I don't even think the shipping dept knows) I don't know...I don't #$%&^ing know and the answer won't suddenly alight upon me if you ask me 30 more times with slightly different wording each time, you annoying bastard. I've never been overtly RUDE on the phone (aside from it possibly getting me in hot water, I'm not a confrontational sorta person anyways) the closest I get is unprofessionally curt. As I was just now. And I was saying "yuh" a lot. Not to be confused with "yeah". "Yeah" is apt to be regular-calm Sandra and then sometimes I'll add extra e's to my delivery: "Yeeeeeah"..the extra e's are for empathy. But "yuh" is definitely how unprofessionally curt Sandra sez the word. Those in the know here, hear me say "yuh" and they know that means "yes" and also it means, "I am PISSED OFF but unable to tell you to *&*$# off."
So finally, he was in the middle of asking me about the logistics of our freight billing for the 31st time when I suddenly break in with "OOOOOOK! I'll credit you for that full freight amount (even though my boss didn't authorize that) and fax that credit over to you this afternoon Mark. WHAT'SYERFAXNUMBERTHERE?" He sounded a little taken aback at how I'd completely interrupted him, but he dutifully rattled off the fax #. And then I'm all "A'right, GREAT. You have a great weekend. Buh-bye." It was a very deliberately toned "You have a great weekend" (hence the italics) I'm sure he heard me say "have a great weekend" but I think the underlying "Eat shit and die, jackass" message was imparted just as loudly.
I'm a bit stressed today, that could have somethin' to do with it. I've got tomorrow off and you know what that's like... got about a thousand loose ends from this week that need tyin' up...or chopping off. That's one of the many, many reasons the Monday -off 3day weekend is preferable to the Friday-off 3day weekend.
It is bizarrely arbitrary what captures my attention sometimes. Last night I postponed my slumber until 1:30 am because I was absolutely transfixed by the "Different World" marathon on Nick @ Nite. What can I say? Dwayne Wayne & Whitley are an EPIC love story. It's like Romeo & Juliet but without all theMontagues and Capulets and suicide. Oh, and Romeo has these terrifically doofy glasses....

No comments: